Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2003 forum issues and suggestions

CA538024
Honored Contributor

May 2003 forum issues and suggestions

Hello Everyone,

Please let me know of any technical or performance issues you experience while using the Business Customer Discussion Groups in the May 2003 timeframe by posting in this thread. Please include the URL from your web browser associated with the error messages (along with the date and time the error occurred).

Also please post any Business Customer Discussion Group feedback or suggestions you might have to improve these forums.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Kathy
Business Customer Discussion Groups
Forum Manager
12 REPLIES
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Re: May 2003 forum issues and suggestions

Hi Kathy,

Again the search "key" on the European forum is not working anymore.

Kind regards,

Roobert-Jan.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Robert-Jan,

I have reported this issue and the technical team is working on it. In the meantime, a workaround is to use a Google search. Although not ideal, it may get you what you're looking for!

Thanks again for reporting this.

Take care,

Kathy
CA907763
Advisor

It took me app 5 minutes just to get to the reply box. I am a CPQ reseller and authorized service center and this is way too slow. Also people need a way to search/filter posts in each forum. For example, I am trying to find experiences with N601C notebooks, and there are over 400 pages of posts! I dont want to see posts on Armadas, IPAQs, etc. No one has time to browse them all. Am I overlooking a "search" button, or is there a differnt way?

Thanks,
Merrill Clark
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Merrill,

Thanks for the feedback on the search option within the forums. The search feature will improve in the next few months, although I don't have a specific timeframe to report at this time. In the meantime, you might try refining your search a bit more when using the "search" option on the left hand side of each forum screen to include the specific model number of the product you're searching on.

We're aware of the slowness issue and are working diligently to get it fixed.

Also, I've removed your personal contact information to protect your privacy. If you truly wish this information to be public, you can repost again and I'll leave the information.

Thanks again,

Kathy
Bob Headrick
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy -

On 5/8/03 between 10:30Pm and 10:40PM (PDT) I was unable to post reply in the Deskjet's forum. My reply was being posted in url: http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/PostAnswerTrxn/1,,0xe21f63f96280d711abdc0090277a778c,00.html and I repeatedly received HTTP 404 not found errors.

Regards,
Bob Headrick
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Bob,

Thanks so much for letting me know the specifics of the trouble you experienced last night. I will forward this to the technical team who is working full-time on the issues we've been experiencing lately (errors and slowness).

I appreciate your patience while we work through these troubles.

Take care,

Kathy
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy,

First of all thank you for reporting the problem above to the technical team.

Is it possible to add a function to the ITRC + BCDG for a "printable version" like the documents in the technical knowledge base. I know there are some instructions on printing in landscape, but printing good answers to very good questions look better without the IT resource center columns on the left side.

Kind regards and a good weekend,

Robert-Jan.

CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again Robert-Jan,

Great suggestion! Thanks for the idea; I'll discuss this with the rest of the team as a potential upgrade to our forum software.

Thanks again!

Kathy
Bob Headrick
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy -

It seems that the performance of the server has gotten much better in the last week or so. I have not had any issues with error messages or long wait times in opening or replying to questions. Give my kudo's to the technical team.

Regards,
Bob Headrick
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. We do think things are getting better and hope they stay that way! Again, thanks for taking the time to post in this thread; I appreciate it!

Kathy
CA881354
Esteemed Contributor

holla,

mail notification still misfunctioning, sometimes not even working i know this because there aresome post i'm monitoring that are being replied to, and i still get no notification, even though the notification box is checked.

note that sometimes i get the notification of posted reply to my own reply i posted in someone's post, which makes no sense at all to me.
If It Ain't Broke, Don't F#@# With It
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Serge,

Thanks for the message. I'll get this reported to the forum technical team.

Thanks again!

Kathy