Did you mean: 

Movin thread

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Movin thread

pls move the following to the Designjet printers section:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1011505

TIA
Rainald
P.S. I'm posting this for the forth time now.
Why do the system's problems not get fixed?????
7 REPLIES
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Movin thread

Hi Rainald,

Firstly, thank you as always for your continued assistance here, you are a great help!

As you know, all of the moderators including me are volunteers with full time jobs in HP, we help out when we can here on the BSC & ITRC Forums. There isn't very much monitoring of the forums at weekends as the traffic to the sites is very low at this time.

Cheers,

Gary
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reply, Gary.
Obviuosly you did mistake what I said:
I did not at all complain on a lack of service during the weekends.

This was just a deep sigh because the *KNOWN*PROBLEMS* with the mal-performance of the system do not get fixed.
Pls see the thread
"Difficulty Posting Replies"
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=990163

And in the case with *this* thread it was app. 10 attempts to get this posting through - with the result that it finally appeared 4 times.

Pls do whatever is possible to get the svere problem cured.

Rainald
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi Rainald,

Apologies...

I have reported this one to the management team. I will keep you posted

Regards,

Gary
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Thanks, Gary!
Would be really nice could this problem be fixed soonest possible.

It was awful again yesterday.
Each posting where I did not use my workaround of clicking the "submit" button a second time (for details see the thread mentioned above) the acknolowgdement did bounce.

Rainald
Eino V
Honored Contributor

Hi Rainald

Yes, problem still continues, but posting works somehow anyway.
I have avoid the double posting by checking after pressing submit, if it goes through, when it is awful. If it is not there, I wait at least 10 min, if it however comes there, before pressing submit again.

Eino
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Eino,
my routine is a bit different. Could not wait for 10 min utes
As explained in Prof. Julie's thread I do the following:

- mark the text and uise Ct´rl+C to copy the text to the clipboard for being able to re-use it in case of a case,
- click on the submit button- wait what happens,
- if the green rectangle in the progress bar (in the status bar of the browser window) is lame (as mostly on bad days - it's fine today), then I wait for the 3rd rectangle to appear and then immediately click on,
- right mouse click on the thread-title in the title-line and select "Open in new window" from the context menu,
- if the posting has made it's way (95% of the cases, problems may occur if there is an attachment) close the window. Otherwise reply again (pasting from the clipboard).

It's really awful ...

Rainald
Eino V
Honored Contributor

Rainald

Yes, now it works fine, but here is not much traffic now. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are useful things. That 95% is quite good estimate.

Eino