Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum enhancements released today!

CA538024
Honored Contributor

New forum enhancements released today!

Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to inform you that there are a number of new features released in these Business Customer Discussion Groups.

1. In your public forums profile, you will now find near the top of the page a link to all questions you have asked! At the bottom of the page, all of the replies you have made are listed (paginated, if needed).

2. To remove confusion, the "member since" date in your public profile indicates it is the date you joined the forums, not the date you began participating in the forums.

3. You can view your public profile if you click on "my profile" in the left navigation bar, click on "view or modify forums profile" and then click on the new link at top of page called "View your public profile."

4. If you reply to a message, you will now see the original message text in the reply box. In my opinion, this is a great addition to the functionality!

5. Upon submitting a reply, you now have more options to select (links) as to where to go in the forums.

6. If you post a new message, you will now see a new method of assigning points! Each reply will now have an easy pulldown menu and a single "submit" button at the bottom of the page. This allows assigning points to multiple replies fairly much faster and efficiently! And you will see more link options after submitting. YEAH!

7. When creating a new message, the "notify me" checkbox is now by default "on". Authors of new messages will now be notified of a reply to their message unless they deselect the notification checkbox.

I trust everyone will enjoy the new enhancements. Many thanks to everyone for your past feedback -- the above features are a direct result of your input.

Cheers!

Kathy
Forum Administrator
3 REPLIES
Chris Kucy
Honored Contributor

Re: New forum enhancements released today!

I just noticed these changes this afternoon. The improvements are wonderful and save a tremendous amount of time.
"File Deletion Is Murder, Hard Drive Formatting Is Genocide" Unknown
Stuart Elflett
Honored Contributor

Great to see the additions & changes - especially the options for returning to the forums... I used to open up a fresh window for each message as I read them rather than have to dig my way back to the printer forum... it's much, much easier now...

The forums seem much quicker to use now too... have there been some changes in the servers or structure of the forums themselves???

Cheers,
Stuart Elflett
Dataman
May the best of your past be the worst of your future...
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Stuart!

First of all, I have been looking for an opportunity to welcome you back to the forums and to thank you again for your participation!

We're always working on improving the speed and performance of these forums; I'm sure there were some server enhancements of some sort, but, honestly, I don't technically know what they were/are.

Again, I'm glad to see you back!

Take care,

Kathy