Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No daily notifications

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

No daily notifications

For quite some days (may for a week or more) I did not receive any daily notification in new threads.
This is the case with both of my forum accounts.

I checked the entries in my personal profile - the threads I have subscribed to are activated.

Rainald
54 REPLIES
David M. Mason
Frequent Advisor

Re: No daily notifications

I had the same problem and after going into my profile and changing all sorts of things in it, it still didn't work. I suspect it is a problem with HP and their system.
All of a sudden I received the first notification today.
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Thanks for your reply, David.

Good to know that i'm not alone ;-)

Strange enough: I received notifactions for both my accounts today.

Rainald
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

Rainald,

Until today (the New Forum Discussions email for Monday 4/21), the last one I reeived before this was for Thursday, 4/10.

There's been some discussion of this in the ITRC forum also, but no explanation of what was wrong.

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1217963

Pat
Vajith V

Hi Rainald,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are aware about this and working on resolving it. The notifications did go out yesterday morning PST.

Thanks,
Vajith
Shawn
Honored Contributor

I have received 1 in the past 3 weeks, seems like its not working too well, eh HP.
How can people with questions get any answers (except for those of us who haunt these boards)? Some of the posts I read, people are getting quite tired of HP support, where else are they to go if not here? If they can't get a reply here then what?
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

Me too. I carried the April issues over to the May thread in the ITRC forum and summarized everything to date. Frustrating.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1209751366376+28353475&threadId=1227697

Pat
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Thanks, guys, for keeping the thread alive.

The problem is persistent. Since my last posting here I received just *two* notifications (and these only for one of my two accounts.

The system obviously is seriously broken. Repair is urgently needed.

IMHO it's a real shame that HP - as one of the major players in the field of IT worldwide - proves to be unable to fix the system ...

Rainald
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Hello MODERATORS,
could you please escalate this case to powers on charge.
It's simply terrible!!!

One notification on Apr. 27th and one on May 1st (both inly for one of my two accounts), the rest is silence :-( :-.

I'm really disappointed.

Rainald
Vajith V

Hi Rainald,

Lab is working on this issue to fix, things will stabilize soon. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
Vajith
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

let's hope and pray ;-)

Rainald
Shawn
Honored Contributor

May 7th and still no change, hmmmm, is HP trying to tell us something?
And I don't know about anybody else but sometimes (more than not) it take 2 or 3 times to log on.
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

Shawn,

A possible cause of the login issues that took me forever to figure out and fix. You have to allow a cookie named 2o7.net.

If you're running Spyware Blaster, you have to exclude it from detection.

Spybot Search & Destroy isn't a concern if you're running that, since they don't consider it spyware.

Your anti-virus might be programmed to detect it as spyware also. Our Symantec Corporate Anti-Virus does not, and I know Kaspersky does not either.

2o7.net is not spyware. Just a tracking cookie (from a company named Omniture) HP apparently uses to track your movements within HP's site.

http://www.p3pwriter.com/LRN_191.asp

Some other vendors that may detect and remove it are listed in the article.

Poor vendor choice on HP's part, in my opinion.

Pat
Shawn
Honored Contributor

Thanks Pat but I have cookies enabled and don't run any of the software you spoke of, not a big deal...anyway...
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

We appear to have a recurrance of the New HP Forum Discussions emails not being sent again.

Today is Thursday 6/5 at 18:16 GMT. The last one I received was (subject line) "New HP Forum Discussions for Mon Jun 02 01:40:29 GMT 2008".

Our mail server received it here on Mon 6/2 at 05:29:16 GMT, so curiously it appears to have actually been sent in advance of Monday's posts.

Pat
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

Rainald (or anyone else subscribed),

Just wondered if you're getting the New HP Forum Discussions emails?

I haven't received one since the one for Thursday, August 7th.

Just wanted to check and see if others are experiencing the same.

Thanks,
Pat
Shawn
Honored Contributor

Well things were good for awhile but....
just like Pat no email since Aug. 7th
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Pat,
thanks for the notification.

Unfortunately I have to confirm your findings. {siiiigh}

Unfortunatly the system does once more as it should {grrrrhh}.

Let's for remedy.

Rainald

Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

If you're also members of the ITRC forum, you may want to chime in over there too.

I don't seem to be making any progress with asking for feedback as to what's going on and when it might be fixed.

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1218822021371+28353475&threadId=1245235

Pat
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Pat,
been there, done so.

Thanks
Rainald
P.S. Seems that we two are the only ones who care :-( :-(
Shawn
Honored Contributor

Ah, hello, I think there are at least 3 of us who care.
Vajith V

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Lab is working on resolving it.

Regards,
Vajith
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

Thanks Vajith,

This has been a long-running and recurring issue going back many months. It will be fixed, be fine for awhile, then re-occur.

Do you know if HP knows what the root problem is and if they will be able to finally fix it permanently?

Thanks,
Pat
David M. Mason
Frequent Advisor

My last daily notification was August 6, 2008 and today is 8-27-08. Hope this gets fixed soon.
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Nothing for 3 weeks. And indeed a recurring issue. I remember a period of several months a longer while ago.
I absolutely do not understand why HP is unable to fix this problem.

Rainald