cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to post to this forum using my regular ID

Tony Higguns
Occasional Contributor

Not able to post to this forum using my regular ID

I have been a member and participant of this forum for almost 10 years. But today I cannot post a new message using my old ID. When I come to this forum using my usual bookmark it shows me as logged in. But when I try to post a new message it asks for my ID and password which are already populated in the boxes. So I confirm the ID and retype the password to no avail. It says "Sign in was not successful. Please try again."

After this happened several times in my browser of choice I opened up the forum URL in Internet Explorer and got the same response.

Now, here's the odd thing: I was able to reply to a post using my old ID and was not prompted to enter my ID and password. I just "bumped up" a thread that the last reply was a week ago.

Is anybody else having this trouble?

Tony Higgins
6 REPLIES
Tony Higgins
Respected Contributor

Re: Not able to post to this forum using my regular ID

Here I am replying to this message with my old ID. But I still cannot post a new message. How do I get this fixed?
Tony Higgins
Respected Contributor

Is anybody else having any trouble with this forum? Even after I replied to my own post from my old ID it did not bump the message to the top and it still shows no replies.

Tony
Tony Higgins
Respected Contributor

Now this is really weird! I originally posted this message with a new ID since I can't post a new message but can reply with my old one. I posted it to the home PCs - Pavilion-Presario forum. Initially, it appeared at the top of the forum and moved down as other posts appeared. But when I posted replies using my old ID it didn't "bump" it up to the top of the forum messages as it should. Instead, it stays in the same place and shows no replies, despite the fact that when you open it there are replies. And, after posting a reply it appears at the top of the feedback forum list!!!

HELP!!!!!

Tony
Vajith V

Hi Tony,

This thread has been moved by a moderator from 'home PCs - pavilion, presario' to 'Feedback and forums usage questions' as your query is regarding the Forums usage issue. Your thread is now in 'feedback section', so no changes will be reflecting on 'home PCs - pavilion, presario' section. In 'feedback section' thread will be bumped if there is any reply to this thread. But you can access this thread via 'home PCs - pavilion, presario' section also.

The issue with your user ID is really an odd one. We have tested this in our environment but went without an error. If you could delete the cookies and all temp files from your PC, that might resolve the issue.

Regards,
Vajith
Tony Higguns
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply and explanation for moving my post. I posted to the Pavilion-Presario forum because I was attempting to post a new message there looking for a solution to a driver problem when I discovered I couldn't post a new message with my old ID. At this time I cannot even reply with it. I am using a different computer so it isn't a cookies or temp file issue.

I tried today at work and got the same response. Later this evening I was able to log in and open up my old profile to edit it. All of my original information was still there. But I still could not post a new message. I was able to reply to my own messages as well as two or three other posts. Now I can't even do that.

This is definitely a site issue.

Tony
Vajith V

Hi Tony,

The issue has been notified to concern department

Thanks,
Vajith