Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2003 forum technical issues/suggestions for improvement

CA538024
Honored Contributor

November 2003 forum technical issues/suggestions for improvement

Hello Everyone,

Please let me know of any technical or performance issues you experience while using these Business Support Forums during the November 2003 timeframe by posting in this thread. Please include the URL from your web browser associated with the error messages (along with the date and time the error occurred).

Also please post any Business Support Forum feedback or suggestions you might have to improve these forums.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Kathy
Business Support Forums Manager
15 REPLIES
Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Re: November 2003 forum technical issues/suggestions for improvement

Kathy,
I think that is useful the possibility for owner of question to close the forum (clicking on new button close).
The question closed, can to be recognized by padlock icon (or other symbol).

This avoids to display, in the first positions, question very old or definitively solved. Also avoids answer to question obsolete.

Bruno
Torino (Turin) +2H
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the suggestion; I will discuss it with the other forum team members to see if this is something we should look into as a forum enhancement.

I appreciate you taking the time to post.

Take care,

Kathy

Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Kathy, I come here sporadically.
You can give me explanation of difference ITRC-Forum and Businnes Support Forum ???
I go frequently in ITRC-forum, i can use this forum also ???
Others explanations are appreciated.

Tank you for your help in advance!
Bruno
Torino (Turin) +2H
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again Bruno,

The ITRC forums are designed for use by professionals in the IT arena. As you know, here is the link to those forums:

[Broken link removed on 03-23-2017 by Admin]

These Business Support Forums are designed for folks using their HP products in a business environment. Here's the link to the home page of these forums:

You'll notice there are different product lines in each of these two forums, although there is some overlap as well. Both forums are primarily focused on peer-to-peer support.

The same User ID and password work on both forums; in fact, if you've selected the "remember my User ID and password" option during the registration process, you'll automatically be logged in whenever you visit either of these two sites.

So, to answer your original question, the forums are similar but designed for two different audiences.

I hope this helps.

Take care,

Kathy

Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Then i could give my support in one and in other forum ...

I understand well ??
Torino (Turin) +2H
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Yes, Bruno, definitely help in both forums if you wish! We'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kathy
Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Thanks to you Kathy.
You are precise and fast in answer.
Bye
Bruno
Torino (Turin) +2H
CA965254
Advisor

The daily new topic notification starts with a URL with a leading open parenthesis but no closing parenthesis. This is confusing my email client (Cyrusoft Mulberry), which thinks that the open parenthesis indicates the beginning of a long URL broken across many lines, and it scoops up the entire rest of the message and considers it all one URL.

Can you put a close parenthesis on that first URL or eliminate the parentheses altogether? If you need to break a URL across lines, use angle brackets.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for the heads-up. I see what you mean and will submit this to our forum technical team for fixing as soon as possible.

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

Take care,

Kathy
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy,

Would it be possible to add Presario Laptops to the Armada, EVO, LTE & Tablet PC Category?

Reason I ask is people are posting Presario Laptop questions all over the place, as they aren't sure where to post,

Cheers,

Gary
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Gary,

I do realize that folks post questions regarding products that these forums aren't specifically designed for; if other forum members can help them, however, that's great!

For product-specific forums regarding the Presario line, folks should visit this site:

http://h30132.www3.hp.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=121&RPAGEID=0

Thanks!

Kathy
Jay Bollyn
Honored Contributor

Kathy,

I have been unable to post a reply to the following thread:

I type my reply, click submit, get the acknowledgement, yet the reply simply does not appear. I have tried both IE6 SP1 and Netscape 7.1. I have been able to submit to other Forums during this time. So it seems like this particular thread has become corrupt.

Thanks.

:-) Jay

check Facebook
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Jay,

I'm not sure what's going on here. I read your post and then tried to respond to that thread myself, which worked. You might try deleting your Temporary Internet Files and cookies (you'll need User ID's and passwords for all of the sites you're registered for if you delete cookies -- but you knew that! ). If you continue to have trouble, reply back and I'll submit this to the technical folks for research.

Thanks, Jay.

Kathy
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy,

Problems loading the Business support forums pages this morning.

404 errors and below error.

???en.null???

Kind regards,
Robert-Jan.

By the way time for a new thread (:-)
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Robert-Jan,

Thanks for the heads-up. The forums seem to be behaving well now, so we must have had a temporary glitch at the time you first logged on.

I'll keep an eye on it and report any abnormalities to the technical team.

Thanks!

Kathy