Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OOPS!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tim Schaefer_1
Trusted Contributor

OOPS!

Thought I would take a time-out here and make a formal apology to Kathy, Rob, and any other HP representatives that may have noticed a few off-color posts I made.

I realize that my overall contribution here can only be worthwhile if I strive to make them so, therefore all future interaction I have with the forums will be strictly on a professional/helpful/positive level.

Aside from that, I have removed any affiliation I have with HP from my profile as a further precaution as I don't want to disrupt or damage HP's reputation in any way. ....like the merger isn't enough ;)

Again, sorry for the bad stuff....time for me to move forward.
Look me up on the Ars forums (Neptunes)- http://arstechnica.com and http://arstechnica.infopop.net
11 REPLIES

Re: OOPS!

Well apparently my account was deleted so I have now re-registered, although I won't be posting any technical information. I understand that professionalism is important, but I don't think I crossed any boundaries to the point where I should lose the ability to help people out. If my account is restored, great. Otherwise, thanks for letting me participate.

Perhaps someone from HP can give me some feedback.......
CA538024
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Tim,

I just looked up your account and it was not deactivated or deleted. We really appreciate your assistance and I personally appreciate the apology you posted here.

Please try to log in again and see if it works; there should be no reason it doesn't.

Thanks!

Kathy
Forum Administrator

It's currently logging me in with user ID CA723702, which is what I registered this afternoon with the exact same e-mail and password as my previous account (which started with a B).
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again Tim,

I have never heard of an ITRC or Business Customer Discussion Group login (one in the same) starting with a B... they all start with a CA (for now, anyway).

Try logging out, then deleting your temporary Internet files and cookies. When you log back into these forums, it will prompt you for your CA# and password.

Honestly, your account wasn't ever deleted or deactivated.

Kathy

I believe you about my account....however, I know it is not one and the same. For example, I cannot assign points in this thread, and when I click the link to my username on any of the posts in this thread other than the original, it shows 0 points and basically none of my previous answers or responses. When I click on the link to my name from my original post in this thread, it shows my (old) account with all of my info/points/etc.

Is there a way to extract my User ID from that profile so that I can try logging in again? I'm lost.

and thank you for your help. As soon as I get my (old) account back in order, there will be plenty of points assigned.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again Tim,

OK, I got down to the bottom of the issue.

You registered on 12/11 under the European site, which is why your original login number started with a BR (sorry, I didn't know this before now).... on that same day, you registered again under the Americas/Asian Pacific site, which gave you a CA number. The points from the two accounts cannot be merged.

What I would do is stick with your CA number login and start accumulating points there.

We do appreciate your assistance, Tim. Thanks for hanging in there while I figured this out.

Kathy

Well that's no fun. Oh well, thanks for figuring that out. Sorry I can't give you points in this thread.....

I guess I'll start over from scratch.....

:(

So is my "European" account deleted now? I still don't get why I can't log into it, even if it was registered in the wrong area. I was able to access it for the last week, and then all of the sudden yesterday afternoon, soon after I started this thread, I was just unable to log into that account. I know points are somewhat trivial, but it's no fun to lose the 200+ that I've built up across the two forums.
Tim Schaefer_1
Trusted Contributor

Finally! I think I have it straightened out now. Thanks for the help
Look me up on the Ars forums (Neptunes)- http://arstechnica.com and http://arstechnica.infopop.net
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again Tim,

I'm glad things are working well for you now. As I mentioned before, I appreciate your forum assistance greatly.

Have a great day!

Kathy