Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2003 forum technical issues and suggestions for improvement

CA538024
Honored Contributor

October 2003 forum technical issues and suggestions for improvement

Hello Everyone,
Please let me know of any technical or performance issues you experience while using the Business Customer Discussion Groups in the October 2003 timeframe by posting in this thread. Please include the URL from your web browser associated with the error messages (along with the date and time the error occurred).
Also please post any Business Customer Discussion Group feedback or suggestions you might have to improve these forums.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks,
Kathy
Business Customer Discussion Groups
Forum Manager
17 REPLIES
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Re: October 2003 forum technical issues and suggestions for improvement

Hi Kathy,

Below are a few error messages the forums are producing today.

service unavailable
The service you are trying to access is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

CISS-10000

service unavailable
The service you are trying to access is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

forums-120001

Edit Profile error result -business error result - INVALID USER ID

Regards,

Robert-Jan.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Robert-Jan,

We are aware of the errors being received today and are working diligently to solve them quickly.

Thanks for reporting it and for your patience.

Take care,

Kathy
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Thanks you !

It is very annoying.

Take care
RJ.

CA881354
Esteemed Contributor

Kathy, is the issue with the paragraphs being looked into?? right now everyone uses dots
just recently I had to look up a responce to one of my posts and found this, there is a duplicate message ==> my responce were somehow transfered into next reply, so my massage is posted twice under two diff. people, myself and oppjose.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=716493758+1065568568228+28353475&threadId=215163
can you look into it oppjose's responce is gone and i think that what i was looking for was in there, but it is now replaced with my previous reply.

thanx
If It Ain't Broke, Don't F#@# With It
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Serge,

Yes, we are looking into the paragraph issue you describe. Hopefully it will be resolved in the near future.

Thanks, too, for sending me the thread with the duplicate post... I have deleted the post that was a copy of yours but appeared with Opjose's name as the author. I'm sorry for the confusion; we'll try to figure out what happened there.

Thanks again!

Kathy
CA881354
Esteemed Contributor

i guess i wans't exactly clear on the issue, that duplicate post with Opjose's name was his response to the previous one which was mine.
something had happened that it deleted his response and placed previous message instead.
does that sort of makes sense??
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again Serge,

It does kind of make sense, although the thread you refer to was back in August; I'm not sure how much investigating I can do at this point. If you see something happen like this in the future, could you post the link here so I can check it out right away?

Thanks -- sorry if I deleted the wrong thing.

Kathy
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy
I've been away for a while and now I'm back, but evething looks a bit different I must say. I noticed that I did not get any mails of new treads that have started.
How is that possibel?
I also noticed something else, the assigned point that were given in the past are gone. Now you have under 400 points.
I did not have much time to look at the site, but I'll get back.
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Ronald,

I'm glad you're back! The forums did undergo a change in late September to improve the look of things, the performance of them and to add some enhancements. No points were taken away from any forum member, however. I do have less than 400 points, but that is just in this forum category. Throughout the forums (not just in this area), I still have the same amount of points as before (maybe a few more... ).

We are still having some difficulty in reinstating the daily e-mail of new threads. We are working on this diligently and hope to have it fixed shortly.

Thanks and welcome back!

Kathy
CA881354
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I noticed today that paragraph issue had been fixed, That looks so much better.
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Serge,

Glad you like it!

Thanks,

Kathy
Bob Headrick
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy - in http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=235566 I tried to respond to a qustion but my answer was tuncated. I tried again but my second answer was then merged with my first answer and the result truncated in the same place.

Regards,
Bob Headrick
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Bob,

Thanks - I have fixed the thread you mention. What happened was an "=" was at the end of the URL you posted. Once I removed that, all is well and I deleted the duplicates in this thread as well.

I appreciate you letting me know!

Take care,

Kathy
Hemanth Gurunath Basrur
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy,

I have a few suggestions, which can be fixed at the earliest, if possible.

When a person gets more than 250 points and gets the ITRC Pro status, the tooltip for the icon reads "This member has accumalated 250 points". Note the spelling error for accumalated. It should be "accumulated". This typo error hold good for all status icons.

Also, when we get an e-mail with the subject "Response to an HP IT resource center forums question", the line reads

"Someone just posted a reply to the above question. There 3 in total to the question. Please visit the message by clicking the hyperlink above to read the most recent reply."

Notice "There 3 in total....", which is not correct English. The sentence needs to be rephrased.

Thanks,
Hemanth
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Hemanth,

Thanks for the feedback; I will submit it to our technical team to be fixed at the earliest possibility.

Take care,

Kathy
Hemanth Gurunath Basrur
Honored Contributor

Hello Kathy,

Thanks for considering my suggestions.

There is one more issue. When I post a reply here and would like to go back to hp-ux forum, I am not able to. I am lost. :-( I assumed that I can go to hp-ux forum from jump list box.

I hope you understand the situation.

How can this situation be tackled?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
Hemanth
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again Hemanth,

When you post in this area, you are in the HP Business Support forums. The forums you need to be in to access the HP-UX area are the ITRC forums -- http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/home.do

There is no direct link from these business forums to the ITRC forums.

If you are intending to give ITRC forum feedback, you might try this area which will allow you to navigate to the HP-UX area a bit easier:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/familyhome.do?familyId=295

I hope this helps.

Kathy