Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October forum technical issues/suggestions

CA538024
Honored Contributor

October forum technical issues/suggestions

Hello Everyone,

Please let me know of any technical or performance issues you experience while using the Business Customer Discussion Groups in the October 2002 timeframe by posting in this thread. Please include the URL from your web browser associated with the error messages (along with the date and time the error occurred).

Also please post any Business Customer Discussion Group feedback or suggestions you might have to improve these forums.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Kathy
Business Customer Discussion Groups
Forum Manager

8 REPLIES
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Re: October forum technical issues/suggestions

Hi Kathy,

you're probably gonna think, "change the record!" anyway here goes....

I reckon that 1 point should be awarded to the first reply that anyone writes automatically.

Reason being the description for 1 point is something like "thanks for your reply but you didn't really help me" - surely every reply is at least that?

What I mean is that every first reply is worthy of one point...

Agree?

Cheers anyway...

Gary

CA538024
Honored Contributor

Thanks, Gary! I'll pass your suggestion along to the tech. team.

Thanks, too, for your continued forum participation.

Kathy
V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Hi Kathy,

I'm watching this forum since one month.
I also got the e-mails from the HP forums with many cases of HPUX and workstations.
But I didn't find the cases in this forum. So I tried one link and came to the IT resource center forums.
Now my question: Were are the differents between Business Customer Discussion and IT resource center forums?
And: Here and there one can ask about HPUX and workstations but here the replies are very rare.
Wouldn't it be better to have only one forum?

Nevertheless I enjoy the forums.

Regards Volkma
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi Volkma,

There are product line differences between the ITRC forums and these Business Customer Discussion Groups, although there is also some product overlap. The major difference between these forums is the customer for which they're intended: the ITRC forums are for IT professionals. These Business Customer Discussion Groups are intended for use by folks using their HP products in a business environment.

I hope this helps! I appreciate the time you spend in these forums.

Thanks,

Kathy
Forum Administrator
V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Hi again Kathy,

as I said I'm watching both ITRC and BCDG(?).
I would like to help the guys at the site 'workstations - visualize and hp9000' who have no reply. Couldn't here be a link to the ITRC - there are really a lot of experts for that.

Regards
Volkmar
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again,

I'll certainly pass that suggestion along to the forum technical folks. Thanks; it's a great idea!

Kathy
Chris Kucy
Honored Contributor

I think a good feature would be one that allows the user to set how many messages are displayed on each page like 10 20 50 100 150 200 etc. It makes it easier to scan through a large amount of posts without having to go the next page so often, and makes it easier to find older posts.
"File Deletion Is Murder, Hard Drive Formatting Is Genocide" Unknown
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Great idea, Chris!

I'll pass it along. Thanks a lot for your continued forum participation.

Kathy