Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts Info link not working

SOLVED
Go to solution
Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

Parts Info link not working

When clicking on the link in sidebar,here and from Pavilion forum,titled Parts information it takes you at first to a page to select a category/product.After that all links that I have tried lead to a page Sorry,check your url,or something similiar.
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
11 REPLIES
CA484956
Valued Contributor

Re: Parts Info link not working

Which link Cheryl? I went to the Pavilion forum do not see any link called Parts Information.
"Downtime is a Crime."
Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Cheryl
It is the same one on this page,under the Tasks,then Resources.If you click through the Resources link it works,but if you click directly on the Parts information link it leads to an error page.
``````````````````````
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Tom Leavitt
Honored Contributor

Cheryl G.:
It is now 1:35AM Pacific Time and the problem you mentioned does not exist for me.
They must have fixed it pretty fast...hmmm?
Tom
Learn From History
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Ahh yes, I see where the confusion was, if you click on this category from your profile within the ITRC, you just have the following in the left sidebar:

>> IT Resource Center
>> Online help
>> My profile
>> Logout
>> Maintenance and support for hp products
>> Maintenance and support for Compaq products
>> Forums
>> Training and education

But if you click through from the BSC link at the bottom of the ITRC Forum front page you get the full HP Passport menu:

>> Business Support Center

Tasks
>> Download drivers and software
>> Troubleshoot a problem
>> Setup, install, and configure
>> Discover and use a product
>> Perform regular maintenance
>> Upgrade and migrate
>> Recycle and dispose

>> Resources
>> Diagnose problem (HP Instant Support)
>> Support Forums
>> Manuals
>> Sign up: driver and support alerts
>> Parts information
>> Warranty information

>> Help
>> Sitemap
>> IT professionals

As Tom mentioned above the links seem ok now, Cheryl can you check and let us know?

Cheers,

Gary
Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

In the left sidebar here,if I click on Parts information,I get the next page,I choose Desktop PC's and get the next page to choose a model.After I choose a model,any model the next page is an error page.
"We're very sorry!"
The page you requested can not be found.

If you typed the URL yourself, please make sure that the spelling is correct.
If you clicked on a link to get here, there may be a problem with the link.
Try using your browser's "back" button or the "return to previous page" link below to choose a different link on that page, or use search to find what you are looking for.

Is no one else getting this error?
``````````````````````
Tom Leavitt
Honored Contributor

My mistake ... I didn't click on any of the products themselves. Yes, I get the same..."We're very sorry!"
Tom
Learn From History
Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

Whew,that's a relief to know I'm not the only one getting the error!
Guess I didn't make it quite clear in my first post that you have to go a couple of levels deep to see the error page,sorry.
``````````````````````
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the additional info.. I've sent an email to the webmasters asking them to check it out, I get the same errors as you,

Cheers,

Gary
John Y
Honored Contributor

Hey Gary & Cheryl !

Similar problem here, links in center and on right don't work, just loads a blanc page, links on left will advance the search however. Just so your aware.

http://h10061.www1.hp.com/ccsearch/search?pname=vectra++vl+400+mt++++++&qry=specs&method=prodFinder&ctry=us〈=en&dlc=en&sni=&search=0&submit.x=0&submit.y=0
Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

Thanks,Gary.It is not such a problem for us regulars who "most of the time" can find alternate ways to get to the info we need,but many times I find a base page for a poster's machine and tell them to use the links for additional info.
``````````````````````
John Y
Honored Contributor

Things are still not working gang, and I mean all over the place ? I hate to sound like a downer but, I think it's time to throw in the towel on this for now. The Tiger Direct Co. had to do the same thing a short time back, when they couldn't get a grip on their new system either. I was turned away 3 times when buying some new video cards, because it was so fouled up.