Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passport Login Issues

Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Passport Login Issues

Hi All,

Please post any issues you are having with the passport system here. Please give as much detail as possible when describing the problem.

Thanks,

Gary

44 REPLIES
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Re: Passport Login Issues

Gary,
does this mean that I should repost all of what I had posted already?

Rainald
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi Rainald,

Yes please if it's not too much trouble. I want to get any passport issues that users are having sorted out. The best way to do this is to have all issues in the one thread as opposed to being spread acorss a bunch of threads,

Thanks for your help,

Gary
Eino V
Honored Contributor

@Rainald

Use copy and paste! :-)

Eino
CA1063616
Occasional Visitor

Gary,

you requested a re-post here of my issue
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1014342 ,so here it is:

Until Fr 17 mar I have been able to use ITRC both from work and from home.
Starting (AFAIK) from Mo 20 mar from work I can _VIEW_ ITRC, but attemps to _LOGIN_ gets Connection Refused from an https site.

Our intranet gateway service people say that should be normal, as https sites are blocked, AND HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS. "The change must be in the site you are trying to access".

So, HAS the ITRC login mechanism changed?
If so, what are the chances of using the old mechanism (and HOW??).

In the current config ITRC has lost ~75% - 90% of its value to me...

If it has NOT changed, can anyone explain what else may have caused the current blocking?

TIA

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe

In the mean time I have got the following extra info:
we are on a contrywide inTRAnet of connected police sites. Understandably they have a rather strict security policy.
One item of that is that external communication can ONLY by text (or text in recogniosed form, ie, MS Word DOCs ).
And since https messages are encripted, they ARE not, and WILL NOT BE, allowed.

A (used to) make quite extensive use of the ITRC VMS forum, but https (non-)login reduces the usability to little more than nothing.
Issues that require 5 partial answers with further questions now take at least 10 work days (plus a lot of writing down, and re-typing at home), instead of 2 hours!

I REALLY DO hope you can somehow provide me with a NON-https (nor other form of encrypted) login.

TIA

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Gary,
it honours you so much that you are trying to get things collected tohgether (in order to report the problems in a concise form).

Not too easy for me OTH.
I thought that reporting back might have happened continously (whenever reports on shortcomings did appear).

Pls admit that it may take some time for me to put all of my previous reporting together.
IIRC it might be around a dozen of reports from my side. So poor me will first have to collect things together ....

Rainald
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Fantastic idea, Eino!!!

I would have been absolutely unable to get to know of this kind of technology, wasn't it for You.

Only *one* problem remaining:
How and where to detect the places where from I might COPY my belabored thoughts ...
PASTing them (once detected) would be rather easy.

Rainald

John Y
Honored Contributor

Hey Rainald

With all do respect,...in regards to myself and others i'm sure, don't allways understand alot of the forum type abbreviations you use. Maybe you could just spell them out for us less educated, forum users. Thanks....
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

John,
I'm sorry to hear that the good old acronyms (deriving from the BBS days and used throughout in the NewsGroups) are not understood in here.
I'll try to avoid them in the future.
Just to explain what I had used in this thread:
"OTH" = on the other hand side.

= grin
= big grin
= duck
= run
= very
= fast,

so would mean:
"big grin, duck and run very fast"

Rainald

Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Thanks John ... I always wondered but never liked to ask - I thought that maybe I was the only stupid one

The passport issue hasn't been to bad except when I want to look at my own profile to retrieve a favorite, or if I want to post a question. My login doesn't seem to work, but if I go into a thread and hit reply then the system will log me in automatically - I don't know what happens if I ever have to delete my cookies ?

Every now and then, I am prompted to log in - this login seems to work.
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone [2006,2007,2008,2009,2010]
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Laura,
I'm so sorry to hear that I made you feel stupid.

Will try to avoid the acronyms in the future. I got used to them many moons ago and always found them very useful because the *written* communications are lacking of sound and sight and if one is saying something "tongue in check" it is not seen/understood.

Rainald
BR784951
Esteemed Contributor

Gary,

Since there is the passport system, i need to relog many times per week same issue from office or home
if i check remember my login.. it has no effect
few days later it asked again for login account and asked if i am new user or have already an account...

Arnaud
Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Gary
I have much the same issue that Arnaud has,but sometimes I have to login more than once within a short time span.Such as post a few answers,read another post,browse away for info,and then on return I have to login.
Then again,some days it works pretty well.Even after an overnight shutdown of pc,I return and get logged in automatically.
And I also always check Remember.I empty Temp files but never delete cookies.
It has improved since beginning,no more Craig beside my posts.

(Love the acronyms,Rainald)
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
John Y
Honored Contributor

Heeeeey Gary

Update from my end. Running XP home SP2, as well as XP Pro SP1 & 98SE,...I (rarely) get auto-logged when comming back. And, as Cheryl said, I never remove the cookies, but do delete the temp files. However, something wierd as I mentioned awhile back,...when I do come back and re-enter the forum, I can open up a running thread, hit reply, and 90% of the time, it will log me back in, and the reply page opens up. Very strange !?

After checking a few times, it would seem that, after emptying the temp files, thats when I loose even the last auto-log-in anomaly, of just hitting reply to be logged back in ?

Worth a mention. The Edit feature, often brings back an empty page on my end, and thats not even having a hot-link in it ?

Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the information folks, we're working with the passport team on these issues.

I'll keep you posted

Gary
John Y
Honored Contributor

Sorry,...forgot to mention, that I use IE 6 !
dave cummings
Trusted Contributor

hi,
I am having a problem with my forums profile, the user name is all wrong, I had one before the upgrade to the passport system, under the forum profile name of Dave Cummings but when I try and use that with this system I get:

The Forums user name you specified is already in use.

Use your browsers Back button to change it.

any idea how to attach my forums profile (old one) with my new passport login. my old login ID, which I still get emails from is BR734477

thanks in advance
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Dave,

Can you email me your profile information? I'll check this for you,

Cheers,

Gary
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Gary,
pls see my posting in the thread
"Strange error posting a reply"
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1007579

Rainald
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Has anyone else noticed that since this new login procedure, that people are assigning points even less. About 5 percent of people are assigning points. Now I'm not here for points, but it's kind of nice to be thanked in this way occassionally ????
Laura Rooke
John Y
Honored Contributor

Hey Laura

On our side, it's common for little, if any points to ever be given, so it's not really noticed, sad to say. I can say that, after running with this new passport program in place, it's even less user friendly now, in general. Today, and many days now, when I look back, I never know when I'm going to have to re-sighn in,...today it's happened now, 3 times ? Myself, I would rather go back to the way it was. I mean it's hard enough, if not darn near impossible, for the general public, to find their way here, as it is. Oh yeah, I don't like that pesky popup, asking to take the survey either. Boy, I must be a little grouchy today ?
John Y
Honored Contributor

BTW...Everytime I hit the submit button, I get ...Luckily I hit refresh, and it go's through. This stuff, needs to get sorted out allready.
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

I usually find that if it asks me to login, I go into a post and hit reply, and it seems to find me again.

Don't be grouchy - school's out, summer's here, I'm still here and he isn't :-)
Laura Rooke
John Y
Honored Contributor

Yeah, that's what I stumbled across doing, awhile back, but it's never a sure thing either. Ok, time for a, happy Pill >>>.....
Dave Haro
Honored Contributor

Gary,

As with the "Craig" issue sometime back, "Public Passport User User" has come on the scene. Have noticed this several times today and yesterday where he has been credited with a response although it was by someone else.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1050774

Dave