cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting from an iPAQ

Don Pellegrino
Occasional Advisor

Posting from an iPAQ

I am using an HP iPAQ rx1955 with Windows Mobile 5.0. When I used Internet Explorer Mobile to post a reply in this forum I was taken to a blank page. Hitting the back button returned me to the form however the text of the post was lost. I received the same behavior from both the Preview and Submit buttons. It seems that HP would have designed the iPAQ forums to be compatible with the iPAQ itself. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
6 REPLIES
Prof Julie
Outstanding Contributor

Re: Posting from an iPAQ

Don,

I have the same experience as you when attempting to post replies from my PDA. I have brought this up on the Business Forums Support page: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=990163

But you are the only other person I know that has reported having this problem.

Several weeks ago, HP changed the login protocal for the forums and since then I have not been able to post from my PDA. Prior to that, I was able to post with no problem. It is frustrating to key in something on the PDA and then not have it post.

Julie
Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Marc Cogan
Honored Contributor

Hi Don and Julie,

Gee, I have never been able to post from PIE. I could read the forum ok, but if I wanted to post, I had to use NetFront.

Marc
Prof Julie
Outstanding Contributor

Marc,

I suppose it could be wistful thinking, but I really think I was able to post from the PDA before HP changed its login system.

Now, I can go through all the motions of posting, but when I tap submit, it hangs up (much like what happens on the PC) and I think it even gives an error message, but when I go back to check verify that my reply has been posted, there is nothing there.

So who knows, perhaps I am just imagining that I was able to post from my PDA at one time.....

Julie

------------------------------------------
PS: This thread has been moved from iPaq category to Feedback category - Forum Moderator.
Don Pellegrino
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the notes. I at least glad to know that this problem is not limited to just me. I also tried the latest beta of Opera for Windows Mobile and it does not work either. So what is NetFront? Can you provide a link?
Prof Julie
Outstanding Contributor

Hey Don,

Don't know if you are still interested, but I was able to post to the forum today from my PDA using Opera beta.

Julie
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Great news, Julie!!