Did you mean: 

Reply to Moderator's lack of humour

SOLVED
Go to solution
Perignon
Honored Contributor

Reply to Moderator's lack of humour

REFERENCE:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=940451

REPORT:
In the thread referred to above, John has been friendly teasing me that the Wireless Mouse/KB system I described was good and might be French design. I replied I couldn't make national pride out of this "Chicony", China-built device, but I was feeling relief that the sponsor company stays in Canada where many French speakers are living.

INCIDENT:
This joke-reply has been deleted by your moderator, although it contained no offense or wording possibly subject to censorship.

PERSONAL POSITION:
I'm willing to resign my collaboration to HP forums. Such lack of humour is not acceptable where so many "helpers" are objectively working hard and for free at compensating for HP flaws in providing direct responses to their users in need.

REQUEST:
Either simmer-down the arrogance of HP censors or please remove my name and profile from the list of forum members.

Alain.
Frustrations surmounted are paving the way to expertise.
11 REPLIES
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Re: Reply to Moderator's lack of humour

Hi Alain,

sincere apologies, as Cheryl said in a reply to the original thread here:

http://forums2.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=940994

"We are checking into what happened with this thread. We have several moderators who are trying to ensure the best experience for everyone in the forums. What is a joke to one, might not be taken as a joke to another. Please have patience while we investigate."

Thanks for your understanding,

Gary
Perignon
Honored Contributor

Thanks for your reply Gary.

Just felt upset that "politically correct" be gaining ground over trifle matters. If we don't care, freedom of opinion will stop making sense to the whole community, thus affecting the quality of this forum.

Alain.
John Y
Honored Contributor

Hi Alain, glad you stayed, for now.

Gary's the man, that will get it taken care of ! And I'm not just blowin smoke, don't need to.

Thanks Gary...as allways !
John Y
Honored Contributor
Solution

BTW--I just noticed you accidently posted the wrong link to our thread I think, but Gary put in the right one, so no foul.

Take care now !
Perignon
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

The main reason bearing on my posponed departure is that I would have missed the presence of many friends like you, who are animating this forum with dedication.

Gary did recieve my complain and is probably dealing with it. This said I'll continue watching and reacting to inappropriate signs of censorship.

Cheers
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Alain,
really great to see that you did not quit.
I would have been very sad to see you go.
And the forums would have really missed you badly.

I for one am very sensitive if it comes to censoring. There were most serious case in the past (f.e. killing whole threads in the iPAQ section) but in the very case given, IMO it was just a mistake caused by misunderstanding. So not a reason for leaving the community.

Thanks again for staying with us

Rainald

Tom Leavitt
Honored Contributor

**** edited by a moderator to remove previous removed content. Please do not repost content which was deemed inappropriate.

Seems to me, the problem may have arisen from a combination of poor punctuation ... and a nonsensical expression of his feelings. Both of which may have been misinterpreted.
Lets get back to computer talk :)
Tom
Learn From History
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Censoring inside threads - that's really cool!

Myomy, really thin nerves ....

Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Dear moderators,
when killing things, pls be so kind as to say *WHO* did it.

Really strange to see
"edited by a moderator"
without being told who did it.

Why stay hidden?

Rainald

Tom Leavitt
Honored Contributor

Gee, and I was only reiterating what Alain wrote in the very first post of July 24 GMT, above - under his 'REPORT:' paragraph.
No Big Deal ... lets move on.
Tom
Learn From History
Perignon
Honored Contributor

Hi Tom,

1-The original expression was brand name is "Chicony" and that device was built in China of course. But I'm feeling some relief Personally, I see no much room for misunderstanding therein, at least for a native speaker normally educated.

2-As well, the comment quoted above is maximizing on compliments addressed to the designer (Chicony in Canada) and the factory (somewhere in China). Thus, it cannot be interpreted as an offence to them.

3-Although I'm not a native speaker, I'd indulge myself believing that HP moderators are supposed to capture my "International English", which has been forged up in many UN, NATO and EU staffs during their latest decade of operations.

OK folks, it's time to close this thread on the subject of lack of humour before the gossip turns to pathetic colours.

Friendly yours,
Alain.