Request for moving thread / Forum layout

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Request for moving thread / Forum layout

Hi moderators,
pls move the following thread
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=948770

from the Pavilion to the "Armada, Evo .." forum where normally the problems with the "new HP/COMPAQ" notebooks are handled.

Apart from this individual case - which IMHO is just one more example for the inappropriate layout of the forums - I kindly ask for a thoroughly done re-thinking on the basic patterns of the forum map.

AFAICS the "new" so-called "HP COMPAQ" series have not yet been given their proper place.
As there is no territory for them, they just drop into the forum which seems to be at least closest - Armada etc.

This is seriously wrong, however, IMHO.
An nx6120 has hardly anything to do with one of the ancient product lines of LTE, Armada etc.
And IMO the place where problems of the "Antiques" are dealt with (f.e. my main subject "DIAGS partition" ) cannot be the same place where problems like compatibility of WLAN antennas or card-readers or "Fan always on" issues are dealt with. There's worlds between problems appearing with the old-age Armadas (not reaching above 366Mhz) and the super-dooper current machines.

Just as aside:
The Presarios are missing totally.

This subject has partly been discussed before (f.e. in the thread "Mobile Products - Re-define categories is needed"
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=841650 )
but AFAICS never been raised to a level for making decisions.

Let me therefore kindly ask to start sincere discussions on how the forum layout might be optimized.

Pls be so kind as to hand this over to Dan and the other powers in charge.

Rainald

2 REPLIES
CA1284510
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Request for moving thread / Forum layout

Hi Rainald,

The thread has been moved to Notebook - Armada Section. About your suggestion on a new category/re-defining category for new HP Products, we'll inform this to Management team.

Regards,
Inderjeet Singh Phull
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Re: Request for moving thread / Forum layout

Inderjeet,
thanks for moving the thread.

|| About your suggestion on a new category/re-defining category
|| for new HP Products, we'll inform this to Management team.

Thanks for handing on.
I would very much appreciate to receive feedback on this.

Tanks again
Rainald