SOLVED
Go to solution
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Request for moving thread

the following thread would have to be moved to the
"ProLiant servers (BL,ML,DL)"´:

"compaq ml 350 fan noicy"
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=843389

TIA
Rainald

4 REPLIES
Kusuma
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Request for moving thread

Hi Rainald,

Thanks for pointing this to us. But as you may be aware, we cannot move the threads between the two Forums, i.e., ITRC and BSC Forums.

I see that the author has already posted a thread in the "ITRC/ProLiant servers (BL,ML,DL)" forum category:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=843931

so, I have moved the thread to:
"BSC/Server/ProLiant servers - Netservers" forum category.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=431

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Kusuma
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Kususma,
thanks for the reply.

|| Thanks for pointing this to us. But as you may be aware, we cannot move
|| the threads between the two Forums, i.e., ITRC and BSC Forums.

Although having been around here for quite a while, this the first time that ai notice that ProLiant servers are covered by *TWO* forums.

IMO such kind of redundancy is anything than a good solution.

Why is that so?
Is it just out of historical reasons?

|| I see that the author has already posted a thread in the "ITRC/ProLiant
|| servers (BL,ML,DL)" forum category:

I had told him that this would be the proper place.

|| so, I have moved the thread to:
"BSC/Server/ProLiant servers -
|| Netservers" forum category.

So there's two threads now .

IMO the forum structures in general would need a re-design.
The first thing would be to think about the speration between the ITCR and the Business support forums. AFAICS there are more areas of redundancy than just Servers.

The second thing would be to think about new categories.
Clinton Tam has raised this question the other day. I agree with him basically but think different on the details.

IMO it would be nice to have a broader discussion - perhaps in the ITRC area?

Rainald
P.S. As we ar at it: How come that the points are counted separately and the logos from the one area does not appear in the other? Not to good IMHO as a Pharao will be a nobody in here and Sunglass-Laura will appear as a total novice in the ITRC cosmos.

Kusuma
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rainald,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions and continuous Forum support.

The general purpose of these two Forums is to serve different customers. ITRC Forums are visited mostly by support contract customers while BSC Forums by small business customers and end users. Hence there is repetition of categories.

The threads posted in two different Forums cannot be considered as duplicate threads. Duplicate threads are those which are posted in the same category of the same Forum. Posting the query in both the Forums might help in getting more suggestions provided by different peers.

However, we are investigating on the possibility of combining the two forums. This in turn might overcome the difficulties in the point system too.

Best Regards,
Kusuma
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Thanks.
Let's wait and see.