Your Questions Regarding the Legacy Business Support Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward Program for Solution Contributors.

T-H Lim
Occasional Advisor

Reward Program for Solution Contributors.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I don't know if this idea has been proposed before but the thought just came through my mind. I was rather disappointed that I could not get direct support for our large format printer and the only option available to me was through this forum. To my surprise, I have had two respondents to my problem and now the issue is resolved. Needless to say, I am quite impressed as this method seem to be just as effective as getting support through email.

This experience drew me to wonder why would peers go out of their way to help. I could never do this as time is rather limited to me. This also made me realised that it is very cheap for hp to maintain a forum like this as opposed to hiring full time tech people to staff an online support team. For this savings to hp, it is in my humble opinion that hp should reward forum members whom I suspect, many are hp customers that have put in time to solve other hp users problems.

Rewards could come in the form of complimentary gifts such as hp products. For top points gainers perhaps, a paid trip to tour a hp manufacturing facility. hp is a multi-billion company; this is the least it could do for its customers and users that have contributed toward saving some hp operating costs.

Yours truly,
Lim
Georgetown, Penang
2 REPLIES
T-H Lim
Occasional Advisor

Re: Reward Program for Solution Contributors.

What is a multi-billion company? Well, multi-billion "dollars" company is meant.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Reward Program for Solution Contributors.

>that hp should reward forum members

That was stopped long ago.
I'm not sure why or if there was a "scandal" or something. :-)