cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search function on "buisiness customer discussion groups"

BR702216
Advisor

Search function on "buisiness customer discussion groups"

i search for topics about "Omnibook XT6200" in "business customer discussion group", but i will get null results. I try to use only "XT6200" oder "6200" an i will get null results.
Why is there no search-function for only "business customer discussion group" ??? There are many topics with the words i search for in the subject line. Why am i not able to get this stuff listed ???

Please help me (german or english),
thanx,
Christopher
5 REPLIES
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Re: Search function on "buisiness customer discussion groups"

Hi Christopher,

I just tested this for you and clicked "search" on the left hand side of this screen. I typed in "Omnibook XT6200" in the Search dialog box and selected "Business Customer Forums" as my search area under Community Forums. My criteria was set to "All Words". I clicked Search and received 27 results.

My suggestion to you is to try again; I also did a search on LaserJet 4 and received many results as well, so I think the search function itself is working properly.

Thanks for your post and forum participation.

Kathy
Forum Administrator
BR702216
Advisor

sorry Kathy, but when i click on "search" on the left side, i get the german search-form (that's OK cause i am from germany), but when i type "Omnibook XT6200" (please see screenshot in Word97-DOC attached) your engine will display that there are no results !!!
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again Christopher,

Please delete your Temporary Internet files and cookies (very important that you remember your user name and password before doing this...) and try the search function again. The only thing I can figure is you're still accessing an "old" URL for your search. Clearing the files, and more importantly, your cookies, should direct you to the "new and improved" search, which should work for you.

Let me know how it goes!

Kathy
BR702216
Advisor

OK, i try again with deleting TIF and Cookies, but i delete my TIF every day, otherwise my Vectra VL800 shuts down into blue screen (but thats another problem ;-)
BR702216
Advisor

Hello again,

now i get the results i want to find. i think it would still be a problem, when i come over the german hp-web site. It's no problem to come over the english one (most of the topics are in english ;-), it will improve my english (hope so).

Thanks for your help, we'll see us later (still using HP-Hardware ;-)