cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaded too soon ?

Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Shaded too soon ?

So the Icon with the shades is supposed to be for 20,000 points and up , but here I am at 15,000 and shaded. Cool but early ???
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone [2006,2007,2008,2009,2010]
12 REPLIES
Kusuma
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shaded too soon ?

Noted! Thanks Laura for informing. Will check this out.

Regards,
Kusuma
Jimmy Gilmore
Honored Contributor

Laura,
Looks like you are the first person to get to 15,000 so the system has probably never even been tested.
Congratulations,
Jimmy
CA1180099
Honored Contributor

(Laura & Kusuma)

I guess the "old programmer" in me kicked in, and I came up with one "possible explanation."

I looked at Laura's post numbers, and noticed 106 pages x 25 posts/page x 2 = 5,300 which would indeed explain the missing 5,000+ points. Actually, she DESERVINGLY SO received her shade at 14,9XX +/- "user assigned points" (+) 5,0XX "programmers assigned points."

Clearly, this is a supposition, but it is also a reasonable & JUSTIFIED means of points. If you recall the suggested point assignment is 1-3 points for simply making an effort to help.

Hope this Helps!
David
If it ain't broke, I still make it better
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

WEll that hurt my head !!! I'm impressed :-)

The icon kicked in at exactly 15,000 - remember it's not just points in the Ipaq section, but also points in other sections of the Business Forum ! When it happened I was at 15,003 after receiving 7 points from someone.

Anyway - I like my shades , but if they have to go........
Laura Rooke
CA1016168
Trusted Contributor

Hey Laura they look great! My guess is that if all the people you've helped that didn't assign points, had assigned points, you would be well past 20,000. I agree...If anybody deserves it, you do. But, if they fix the glitch and you lose the shades, I know it won't take you long to get them back.

Good luck either way,

Mike
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Thanks for the kind words - they mean so much to me.

If they take them away - we'll all have to all sing that song together....

Blinded by the light......

Laura Rooke
Kusuma
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Laura,

There seems to be a problem reported with the point level system and currently the management team is investigating on this. The issue should be resolved soon. Please standby. Will let you know the once the issue is resolved. Meanwhile, thanks for the cooperation.

Best Regards,
Kusuma
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

IMHO Laura has well deserved the extra honour of being awarded with the sunglasses ;-)

If there's a mistake in the system - as it seems - , why not fix it the other way around?
I think that 15,000 points would be a fair border-line for the "super class".
The gap betweeen 7,500 and 20,000 is ways to big anyway IMHO.

It would be easy to just change the explanation of the icons in the icon bar from 20,000 to 15,000 ;-)
So let's fix things this way.

Rainald

CA1016168
Trusted Contributor

I think that's a great idea Rainald. Then HP could maybe take their time and add another level...say at 25,000 and call it "White Lightening" with a lightening bolt for an icon.....or....???
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Great idea, Mike!

Rainald
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Laura,
too bad that it's only by mistake ...

I'd seen the sunglasses and thought "Oh My God, did I miss that and miss my congratulations).
You would have deserved it.
Not sure if this was applicable to other donations of the shades based on the same software error .

Rainald
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Thanks Rainald - your support is very important to me.
Laura Rooke