cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sporadically being asked to login

Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Sporadically being asked to login

These forum are now so annoying - whom did this new login benefit - I have NO idea - sometimes I'm logged in when I reply, sometimes I'm not. Sometimes I'm logged in to submit points and sometimes I'm not. Haven't discovered why or why not.
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone [2006,2007,2008,2009,2010]
6 REPLIES
CA1284510
Valued Contributor

Re: Sporadically being asked to login

Hi Laura,

We are aware of the login issues in the Forums. Our support people are currently working on this issue. Will keep you posted. Meanwhile, thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Inderjeet Singh Phull
CA649974
Valued Contributor

Hi Laura,

So everyone is aware, a user must be logged into to post a message, to submit points, or to access their private profile page.

If the HP Passport "remember me" checkbox is selected on the sign-in page, and a user clicks the forums "reply" or "start a new thread" buttons, or clicks on their username to access their private profile, the system will login the user automatically and take them directly to where they want to go. So it might appear to the user that they were already logged in prior to taking the action when they really were not. As well, if the user is not logged in and visits a thread they started, the points dropdown menu won't appear until they do login. There is no passive login for this functionality, so the user must actively login on the left sidebar. Please note, there is a 2 hour timeout for security reasons, so inactivity will reset your login status.

Hope that helps everyone.

Thanks,
Dan
Because life is not a spectator sport!
Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Laura & All
I just had a new glitch.I visited Pavilion forum,didn't have to login,nice_I thought.My Welcome & user id was at side.I posted a reply to this thread:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=981379

After Submitting,I went back to start page and was no longer logged in.I then checked my reply to be sure it stayed and it was there,but with Craig's name beside it! Now this,I believe,is the same Craig that had a post a few days ago to which I had replied,then I had the dropdown available to award points_on his thread.It seems that somhow our profile/login is crossed somewhere.Too,too odd.
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
CA649974
Valued Contributor

Hi Cheryl G.,

Thank you. I may contact you to gain more information. I will get this reported, and we are working on this issue. Sorry about it.

Thanks,
Dan
Because life is not a spectator sport!
Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Dan
Thanks for the quick response.Feel free to contact me,happy to help any way I can or provide any other info you might need.
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Laura
Outstanding Contributor

OK - and don't ask me how - I ended up logged in with my name under Welcome, but my forums name was 'Craig'

Who is this Craig ?

Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone [2006,2007,2008,2009,2010]