Your Questions Regarding the Legacy Business Support Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech contributors: How come my points were dumped?

Don S. Thompson
Honored Contributor

Tech contributors: How come my points were dumped?

We all appreciate contributors to this forum. Some of you techs are very wise and we all look forward to your wisdom. Even the best of us can only rely on our own experience and want to share with those in need of advice. An added incentive is the points people give out as a measure of appreciation. Early this week, I had achieved a point score of 128. The next day I logged in — gone! What the heck happened? Any reason why I got dumped?
Don Thompson
9 REPLIES
Joseph Glawson
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tech contributors: How come my points were dumped?

You should probably get with one of the forum administrators. They should be able to get you back to where you were at point- wise before it got wiped. Should have a backup somewhere....I would think.
I've noticed the forum has been acting a little bit weird lately...Drops off line, can't access it for 2-3 hours sometimes times...Real slow response....

Let us know if you get any results...Keep up the good work....

Joe

Joe
Don S. Thompson
Honored Contributor

Thanks, Joe. Unable to raise anyone at HP so far. That's why I thought bringing this out in the forum might get their attention. If dumped for a reason, then why? Can't imagine.
Don
Dewaine Chan
Honored Contributor

Don:

I don't think your points were dumped. IT is just that they list different people for the quick achieving high points this week.

It is easy for me to say this ----> I really don't care about the points anymore. It gets old when you help people resolve their problem and they got good advice to fix the problem in a timely manner for Free and they don't even bother to assign points to the people who spend their time and knowledge to help out free. It is not like those people have to pay or something. Oh well. What could we say.

D.
Joseph Glawson
Esteemed Contributor

Dewaine,

I hear ya...Been there...Done that...Now I just kind of help out when I really want to...If I see anything of REAL interest I "MIGHT" jump in on it...

Joe
Windsong123
Trusted Contributor

Hope you hear something soon. I have read alot of your possible fixes and must say you are truly professional and very tech savvy. Keep up the good work.
Mark Froggatt
Honored Contributor

Don

If you go to your profile you will find you still have the 128 points whats happend is you have been dumed out of the top new pepole list as happend to myself last week. you only say eligible for this list for 6 months from the date of joining.

keep up the good work

Mark
Don S. Thompson
Honored Contributor

Thanks, all. Let's all keep on learning. Replying to problems keeps us thinking doesn't it?
Don
Joseph Glawson
Esteemed Contributor

Don,

Yeah...that's why I do it. As a general rule you'll probably end up running up on it again "somewhere" on another printer. Almost never fails...

Joe
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

Dewaine and Joe,

Amen. I don't really care about the points any more either. It's good to help people out, and if they assign points, that's a bonus. If not, I just move on to the next one.

Pat