Did you mean: 

User Interface - buttons

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

User Interface - buttons

Hi all,
I know that this issue has been discussed several times, buttoday I found another interest end of a thread:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=884029

AFAICS onxce more a user did not find the way how to (a) assign points and (b) close the thread.

IMO we all should try to find a way to make things more intuitive - f.e. assigning points and closing a thread in one action.

Rainald
7 REPLIES
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Re: User Interface - buttons

Hi all,
IMO it's a real problem.
Pls also see the followinf thread:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=887771

Th author closed the therad with the - repeating - comment
"Everybody was extemely helpful"
but without assigning any points.

I assume that rather often users do not see that it needs *TWO* steps for assigning points and closing a thread.

It was my suggestion to also execute the assignment of points when a user has entered points in the respective field(s) and then clicks on the "close thread" button. IMO it could not be too difficult to change the software in so far as an interim solution (prior to a re-design of the dialogs which has been discussion in the past).

Rainald
P.S. Pls understand that I am not at all after "points" (really got enough of them ). As you may have noticed I very often ask users to close the thread when done with the problem. But think to see that too often users not used to the system just "loose" the assignment of points by clicking on the wrong button.

Kusuma
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rainald,

Thanks for reporting this to us. Will discuss about this with the management team.

Best Regards,
Kusuma
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Thanks fro the reply, Kusuma.
Hopefully the discussion won't take that long as unfortunately is usual ...

Just another one where I'm sure that the sytem has not been understood:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=867812

Rainald
P.S. Might it make sense to open therad on this in the ITRC forums too?
CA649974
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Rainald,

I've got it, thanks for reporting. No need to post in ITRC. I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,
Dan
Because life is not a spectator sport!
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Thanks a lot Dan!

Great to hera that my wish reache the right place ;-)

Hopefully there can be something done in so far.

As you and/or the other moderartors might hacve noticed, I really often ask users to close the therads in order to have things celar. But meanwhile I'm hestitating because of seeing too many "point-less" locks ...

Thnaks again
Rainald

Laura
Outstanding Contributor

Rainald - it seems to happen more often just lately - just saw one where someone came up with the answer and the original author was very very grateful, but still just closed the thread without assigning points.

Seems that the close thread option is causing more problems than it's helping ?
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone [2006,2007,2008,2009,2010]
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Thanks for your consent, Laura.