cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a non technical question for hp forum moderater

jayzad2
Trusted Contributor

a non technical question for hp forum moderater

I found this site one day at work and signed up with a user name and password. and then I posted some questions. then i came home and could not log in with the user name and password used at work. so i created a new one at home that evening. So since then i've had to log at work using the first user name and at home my second user name. I've requested both user names and passwords and they have been sent, but still can't log in. so i deleted all the cookies and tried to log on at home with the work user name and still could not. I have every thing set to use this site from home because one works and the other does not. i've have tried both user names at home and they both have the same password, and i've tried the email address that the login says you can use also to log in, but still can only login on the account that i created at home that first evening. any suggestions. Thanks :)
3 REPLIES
CA698399
Honored Contributor

Re: a non technical question for hp forum moderater

Thanks for alerting us to this problem; I'll direct your question to the appropriate person.

Rob D'Adamo
Forum Moderator
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The login information on these forums is not PC-dependent. I have set up multiple ID's and can access each from a different PC, so it's not a system limitation.

I would start by deleting your temporary Internet files, including cookies (which I know you've already tried). If you clicked the "remember my password" option when you registered, it could be that is causing the issue. If you delete the files and cookies and have the same problem, click Logout from the left side of the screen, then login and try your "work" ID (at home) without the "remember my password" option to see if that helps at all. After this, you should clear the cache again.

I assume you're using the American site, not the European one, right?

Kathy
Forum Administrator
CA277578
Advisor

Jayzd...

I initially had a similar problem. I found, as Kathy mentions, that by setting the remember password at work and NOT setting it at home that I can log in OK at both places now...I just have to key the password at home. But I get in fine now !

Rita
..enough said..