Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Re: alert

Hi Chris...

How can we help?
lowster
Honored Contributor

I just wanted to give a little heads up on some issue's.
Everybody!! When you sign in, DO NOT MARK THE "REMEMBER MY ID & PASSWORD" BOX.
And "ALWAYS LOG OUT WHEN YOU LEAVE"
The logout button is right below your profile..If you use different browsers, like "kopassa" (which is nice for here) or you switch from time to time, come back with each one and make sure you can not see your ID and PASSWORD in the boxes. And IF I WAS YOU-I WOULD DUMP ALL COOKIES&OTHER GARBAGE YOU MIGHT PICK UP IN HERE!!

Chris
Perignon
Honored Contributor

Hi Christopher,

Could you please elaborate on your assessment.

I've never met spyware-related problems on this forum personally, so what?

Alain.
Frustrations surmounted are paving the way to expertise.
lowster
Honored Contributor

Well maybe that's how you feel, but I personaly don't like my ID seen by just anybody, I was under the impression that it was secure.
Perignon
Honored Contributor

Christopher,

I understand your point and respect your prudence. However my opinion isn't based on feelings only. Actually, I'm running "Norton Internet Security (NIS)" + "SpywareBlaster" + "Ad-AwareSE" + "HijackThis" + a Spam interceptor specific to my E-Mail Server on a regular basis. Up to now the craps intercepted haven't referred yet to this forum, directly or not.

When I computer happened to be subject to intrusion-attempts, it was during a working session on "bizsupport" threads. Therefore, I can imaginge that "bad guys" would simply have to wait that the connection is established. Note: NIS has detected and blocked all attempts, with its source-tracing utility often pointing to US servers and 2 times straight to a US Government Agency! Interesting, isn't it. "Big Brother" exists, I met him at least twice. Not sure however that anyone can really cheat him whilst simply hidding HP/Compaq loggin IDs. That's the idea behind my previous answer.

If you are experiencing damaging intrusions, let me know...Perpetrators positively identified are potentially exposed to prosecution after all!

Cheers
Alain.
Frustrations surmounted are paving the way to expertise.
lowster
Honored Contributor

I think I am just learning what my browser can and can't do.
lowster
Honored Contributor

Alain,I was just going through my past threads and I still have a question that pertains to it. I am using Symantec Internet and in here I get a Perl Attack Alert, I am aware that it is used here, but why does it possie a high risk.

Chris