cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loss of information on the right despite landscape

CA899987
Occasional Visitor

loss of information on the right despite landscape

1. I have been using the forums successfully for some time, I think. I am very grateful to the people who have helped me. However sometimes I lose the thread and am unable to return to the place I left! Kathy, I need your help here. Do I need support agreement (system handle?)
2. I have re-registered two times, I think. Hopefully the last time.
3. Once, someone helped me with the moving of information to the left, but it didn't last, my printing still leaves off some on the right, even with my new HP Printer! (Must be my computer?) Help?

7 REPLIES
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Re: loss of information on the right despite landscape

Hi Jane,

Since you were able to post here, I assume your forum registration is fine. Be sure to make a note of your CA# (or BR#, depending on your location) and password.

To solve your printing problem, which I assume is from web sites only, try using the "printer-friendly version" found on many web sites. This formats the text on the page for proper printing.

I hope this helps!

Kathy
Forum Manager
John Sutherland
Valued Contributor

Kathy answered for problems with HP pages printing. Or are you having problems with all pages. You talk about losing thread. Use Alt + Tab to move between open pages

John
CA817872
Valued Contributor

Also the margins on the right will never be as far as the ones on the right. If you go outside of the set margin for your printer you will not be able to print all the information that is on the far right. For some reason HP printers are like that. While you can set both right right and left margin at "0" you will receive a message from the software telling you that you are outside of the right margin and do you want the software to set the default. You can say no, but if you keep the right margin set below the default it will not print the information. Do not know if tech support can help you override the default.
CA899987
Occasional Visitor

Nighthawk, you have described my concern, alright. This happened with my former printer as well. I will check with troubleshooting measures outside of my computer. Thanks.
CA899987
Occasional Visitor

Nighthawk, again. You were correct. I contacted AOL techie, who suggested I adjust Internet Explorer before printing. That helped. Actually, it printed in LANDSCAPE position! Thanks.
CA899987
Occasional Visitor

Now, my friendly helpers, I have another question about this issue. May I use Internet Explorer for all my HP material--that is, the posted questions I like to check every day, etc. Thanks, JaneB
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Hi again Jane,

Yes, you can use Internet Explorer to read and post in these forums and for browsing hp.com or any HP pages. I use it every day!

Kathy