cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new log in system

grayson
Honored Contributor

new log in system

perhaps others are more intelligent than me , but I have had a problem following the log in changes!I tried to set up using my old screen name , but was refused
if anyone else has fallen into this trap , the solution is to set up a new identity using the same email address , and using that address as your name ; you will then be giving the opportunity to associate your existing screen name with these log in details

grayson
14 REPLIES
Vincent Perry
Honored Contributor

Re: new log in system

grayson, my new login with my old screen name, profile, etc. went with no problems.

Vince
jerry chin
Honored Contributor

Hello Gang,
I changed mine ok but don't see any advantage except if I wish to purchase a new computer or somrthing on the HP website. Jerry
Go Ahead, There's Always Bankruptcy Later
Clinton Tam
Honored Contributor

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=976469

There is a lot of discussion on this subject on the above url.

However, the implementation of Passport is far from perfect.
grayson
Honored Contributor

well ,that's a relief ! I was beginning to think I was suffering from brain fade !

but I think you are far too polite clinton ...this is a complete and utter shambles

grayson
Vincent Perry
Honored Contributor

But, guys... the Passport software is sooooooo cheap!!! How could HP pass up such a deal???

Vince
grayson
Honored Contributor

someone observered that they have to log in every time .....lucky them ....I have to log in TWICE , is fails the first time , then the same log in is accepted the next time on a different screen!!!!!!!!

grayson

Tina Rönnlöv
Honored Contributor

Hmm...I seem to have to log in every time I want to reply on a thread..this is not funny...

:O) Tina
Learn something new - every day
grayson
Honored Contributor

tina , something has changed !!!!didn't have to log on!!

grayson
Tina Rönnlöv
Honored Contributor

Wow, today I do not have to log on every time i want reply..so thats better...

Have a nice day :O)

reg. Tina
Learn something new - every day
CA1307052
Frequent Advisor

grayson,

same happens to me I have to log in twice with the same credentials.
Lauriej
Regular Advisor

with old system i was always logged in now i have to log in everytime i visit. i followed directions on how to get passport to work by doing something with cookies but doesn't help.
Richard A. Marx
Honored Contributor

Every time I hit "Reply", I come to this screen.

http://tinyurl.com/8p9m5

As you see, I am logged in, so what gives?

I also have to log in every time I start a new session.

This is definitely not funny...
Just another person with an opinion.
Richard A. Marx
Honored Contributor

Try this link. It seems my prior link was not correct, or got muddled by creating a Tiny URL.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/postQuestion.do?categoryId=405&forumId=2
Just another person with an opinion.
Prof Julie
Outstanding Contributor

I've noted several problems as well:

I often have to relog in, although today my login seems to be maintaining for a longer period of time.

When I reply to a thread, the system will sometimes hang for a long time. Eventually, I'll get a message that the system is unavailable. When this happens I'm never sure that my replies are posted, but when I leave the website and immediately return, I see that my replies have been posted.

It takes longer to access threads - there's a much longer delay from the time I click on a thread until the thread displays.

If I preview my reply before posting, when I exit out of preview to post the reply, I lose my posting altogether and have to re-enter my reply. Very frustrating!

I apoligize if there are typos in this, but I'm afraid to preview it cause I'll probably have to redo it, so I'll just hit submit now :-)
Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer