cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stopping email notification

DCornelissen
Frequent Advisor

stopping email notification

Help. I can log in but I can't get into the section where I originally ticked email notification. Now I can't stop a daily avalanche of mail from HP.
Can someone please explain step by step how its done.
9 REPLIES
Eino V
Honored Contributor

Re: stopping email notification

Hi

You must be signed in to do this. Go to your Forum profile:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/publicProfile.do?userId=a0ec7a4d170c7487a0301f6df09865b2&forumId=2

Then click » My notifications tab. There delete all check marks from the boxes. That should do the job.

Eino
DCornelissen
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your response. I had already cleared the form so there were no ticks in any boxes. I'd also ticked "no notification box".

Do you know how to contact the forum controllers about this issue? Perhaps they could resolve it.
Eino V
Honored Contributor

This is the correct forum to it. They (moderators) are however doing their work here at their leisure time. So they are not here always.

Eino
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

I'm not a moderator, but a couple of things occurred to me while reading this thread:

Did you click the Submit button after you made the changes (at the bottom of the notifications check boxes)?

That should have stopped the new emails except that if you're a member of another HP forum like the IT Resource Center Forum (ITRC) also, and your profiles are not tied together, you'd have to log in at the other forum as well and clear the notifications check box in your profile in the other forum.

If the emails you're still getting are not new posts emails (subject line: New HP Forum Discussions for , but are Response emails to threads you've subscribed to, go back to the My Notifications page in your profile and under the notifications check boxes, you'll see a heading "Notify me about these messages". Uncheck everything under there, and again click the Submit button under that list.

The only other think I can think of is to go to the Edit tab and delete your email address.

Pat
Eino V
Honored Contributor

Good comment, Pat. Submit button must be clicked. It is not easy to be noticed from the under part of the site.

Eino
DCornelissen
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your replies. I have gone through the procedure again , clearing points of interest, resetting and then submitting.
The only notification I have left on is for this subject.
I'll come back to you tomorrow.
DCornelissen
Frequent Advisor

Its no good. I've cleared and reset my profile 3 times and I still keep getting notifications.
Is there a moderator out there who can stop me getting bombarded with unwanted emails from HP?
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Can you please email me your login details and I will take a look at this for you

Cheers,

Gary
DCornelissen
Frequent Advisor

Gary. I sent you my email last week but haven't heard from you. I'm still receiving hp notifications.
Have you had a chance to have a look at the problem?