Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updates?

SOLVED
Go to solution
lowster
Honored Contributor

updates?

for some reason it seems like there are no new posts or the forums are closed? For example; in printers there was a new post every few minutes, now I do not see any.
Is anyone else seeing this? I still see the notice about the Feb 4 closure.
32 REPLIES
Kusuma
Esteemed Contributor

Re: updates?

Hi Chris,

There are no problems reported with reference to the new posts, so far. However, will verify this with the support team. Thanks for notifying us.

Regarding the notice in the BSC homepage, it has been removed long back. If it is still appearing in your browser, suggest you to delete your browser cookies and history and refresh the webpage.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Kusuma
lowster
Honored Contributor

Thanks,
I have tried those steps a few times, sometimes I will still see the sign, sometimes not, this is very odd, almost like the Twilight Zone (lol)
lowster
Honored Contributor

almost forgot-
sometimes I will get "ERROR 404" from the links on the left and images will be different, for instance I will see the caps in my profile, or I will see bulbs.
BR709037
Honored Contributor

Chris

You will see bulbs if you are in the Business Support forum and hats in the IT Resource Center Forum. Most of your points have been earned in the Business Support forum but if you open a thread in the IT Resource forum (where you have also earned some points), you will see the icons change to hats.
lowster
Honored Contributor

what should I be seeing in my profile then?
BR709037
Honored Contributor

It depends on how you get to it. If you get to it by hitting your name link from a post you have made in an ITRC thread, you will see hats. If you get to it by linking from a BS forum, you'll see bulbs.
lowster
Honored Contributor

I have never seen any bulbs in my profile no matter where I jump in from, the only bulb there is the one by my name?
BR709037
Honored Contributor

Sounds odd. Try linking to your profile from this post:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=821952

When I do it, I see your profile with caps on the left.
lowster
Honored Contributor

Same thing I see everytime, but remember, I have 1 other link to go through,view or modify forums profile .
BR709037
Honored Contributor

You shouldn't have to go through an extra step. Did you go to the bottom of the thread (penultimate entry to be exact!) and left-click on your name?
BR709037
Honored Contributor

Woops. Just realised I gave you a link from the wrong forum. Try linking from your entry near the bottom of this thread:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=820610
lowster
Honored Contributor

I just tried something, I entered through the radiant bulb on the left, then clicked on my name and entered directly to my profile and finaly see bulbs, it seem's when I go through the view or modify link(which is what I've always done) I get the caps. Now I just need to get rid of that dang closure sign.

lowster
Honored Contributor

"It depends on how you get to it. If you get to it by hitting your name link from a post you have made in an ITRC thread, you will see hats. If you get to it by linking from a BS forum, you'll see bulbs."

Thank You, I understand now!
Chris
BR709037
Honored Contributor
Solution

On second reading, using the term "BS" was probably less helpful than if I'd used "Business Support" :-)
lowster
Honored Contributor

Thank You for your help Donal.
lowster
Honored Contributor

Attention: From Friday 4-Feb-2005 08:00 EST to Monday 7-Feb-2005 08:00 EST, the Support Forums will be unavailable for scheduled maintenance and upgrades. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

What's up?
CA484956
Valued Contributor

We had some scheduled maitenance then. That message is old and has been removed. Apparently one of the servers has not refreshed yet so that the message disappears.
"Downtime is a Crime."
lowster
Honored Contributor

BR709037
Honored Contributor

Chris

I get the same message you're seeing.
CA484956
Valued Contributor

Until the server is refreshed you will continue to see it. Please disregard the message. The ITRC management team is aware that it is still displaying.
"Downtime is a Crime."
lowster
Honored Contributor

Donal,
If you would have told me this in your past replies I would not have re-opened this thread, but I am at fault for adding a bunny.

Thanks,
Chris.
lowster
Honored Contributor

Thanks Cheryl,
Must be the reason for all the bad links?

Donal, The extra 10 are not for your reply, it's to help get rid of that hidious pink bulb, what's up with this? How come the other side is different?
What does it take to get our's changed?

Thanks,
Chris.
BR709037
Honored Contributor

Chris

My prior replies were accurate. The first time I saw the maintenance message was when following your most recent link.
lowster
Honored Contributor

Donal,
My bad, I did not read my thread right.

Chris.