108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Active Chat

SOLVED
Go to solution
Phil_131
Occasional Contributor

Active Chat

I'm having some trouble with my printer and can't seem to get help on the forums so I decided to try the active chat. For some reason however, when I click on the link to active chat I always get redirected to the europe, africa and "moyen-orient" (sorry, my client is in french and I don't know how to translate that) region and where it asks "which region do you wish to contact", europe, africa and ... is the only option.

Even when I enter a random country (Canada is obviously not in there) and try to go through the form, I eventually get to a point where it asks me for a user and password. No where does it say where or how I get that user and password...
3 REPLIES 3
Pat
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi, Phil,

I've never used Active Chat but this link has North America listed in the dropdown menu options.

http://instantsupport.hp.com/euserv/jsp/hpinstantsupport.jsp

I believe you use the same ID and password that you've used to log in to the forum in order to post this message.

Pat
Phil_131
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, but after waiting for 45 minutes after a tech, I gave up and ended up finding the solution by myself (which happens to be the opposite of what I kept reading everywhere on this website).

Pat
Honored Contributor

You're welcome. Thanks for letting me know.

Pat