4616 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't figure out how to add a warranty to my account

pieterk1234
Occasional Visitor

Can't figure out how to add a warranty to my account

Hi there,

I have a broken RAID card battery in my ML350G5 server, and I want to order a replacement part under warranty. But because HP servers are so incredibly reliable ;) I never had any problems before.

When I want to add the warrenty to my account, I get this error message : This entitlement is inactive and cannot be linked. Check the box to remove this item.

While I know it's active, because in the check warrenty section of your site it says "active". Also from there I can't add it, because it says there: Please note: This warranty is not available to link because the country of purchase provided is not accurate. Re-enter country of purchase data for this item. What does it mean?

Can anyone help me?

P.S: It's a Wty: HPE HW Maintenance Onsite Support with 

Standard Material Handling
Global Coverage
NextAvail TechResource Remote
Std Office Hrs Std Office Days
NextAvail TechResource Onsite
No Usage Limitation
Next Cov Day Onsite Response
Standard Parts Logistics

But can I also just order the part? I can install it myself, saves a ride for a mechanic.

Thanks, Pieter

6 REPLIES 6
Vajith V
HPE Pro

Re: Can't figure out how to add a warranty to my account

Hi Peter,

Here is the help document for warranty link :
https://support.hpe.com/help/en/Content/contractsAndWarrantiesMain.htm#linkContractsAndWarranties

Note : I have also created a support ticket for this case and support team will contact you for further details– 

Thanks,
Vajith

I am an HPE employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

pieterk1234
Occasional Visitor

Thanks a lot!

baradhili
Occasional Collector

I am also running into this problem trying to add an old switch (2810-24G).. It was purchased in Australia, but with the reseller chain into Australia, it might be from Singapore, Malaysia, USA etc.. Can HPE help? Thanks bret
Vajith V
HPE Pro

@baradhili

Please contact our web support to resolve the warranty issue :  https://support.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/questions 

-Vajith

I am an HPE employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Homerino
Frequent Visitor

this is getting so frustating.

I need FW update, bought 2 brocade switches 2 years ago with 5 year warranty. I can't link them, the bot says they don't exist. The link to create a ticket above asks for "Issue Location" but give no clues as to what information is required here but will tell you "Your entry does not match the allowed pattern." But there's no f$%cking clue or help as to what the correct format is so I can't even raise a ticket that way! 

Idiots!

techin
Super Advisor

@Homerino , @Vajith V 

It was frustrating for me aswell. Issue location is nothing but the URL location. Just paste the URL wherever you get the warranty error.