Re: this site is a mess!

I am sorry but i must agree

HP websites are very confusing and not easy to operate for many of us

ofcourse the dy hards who are here for years its simple to handle thes sites

1. the forum a big maze of info
  2. the hp website for server support a big maze
  3. software for server control and updates a big maze
  4. linux support still to litle and hard to find

my suggestion would be to put everything that belongs to a certain type on 1 page/section and start a normal forum with normal sections so we can see sections and people can post in the right sections

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Community Feedback & Suggestions to HP Support Center Feedback & Suggestions. - Hp forum Moderator

9 REPLIES 9
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: this site is a mess

>the forum a big maze of info

Have you tried searching?  You can do this by board, category or the whole forum.

Or even google: xxx yyy site:h30499.www3.hp.com

>my suggestion would be to put everything that belongs to a certain type on 1 page/section

Do you have anything specific?  What are you looking for?

The EBC forum is organized in categories, then boards.

The main web page http://h30499.www3.hp.com/ has menus that you can open up to see the organization.

whislar
Occasional Contributor

I cant even figure out how to post a topic.

can someone assist?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How do I post? (categories vs boards)

whislar
Occasional Contributor

Re: How do I post? (categories vs boards)

Thx Dennis.

I was finally able to see the "Post" button.

Tee-em
Occasional Visitor

Have to agree.

waisted time subscibing, since i took the effort to subscribe i should at least post my dissapointment.

The site is really hard to browse to somehting... click Community knowledge base and get a heaped, tight packed list of really hard to read or comprehend items. Dont get some geek to design your site please. 

Get someone that knows how to design a layout.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>The site is really hard to browse to something... click Community knowledge base and get a heaped, tight packed

The drop down menus are for people that know where they are going.  Especially for Community Knowledge Base, where some links point to empty boards.

You may want to look at the Discussion Boards menu and then find the appropriate category/board, then look for the KB boards.

Note the main forum page has "Community at a Glance" that may be easier to see the layout.

Sometimes it is just better to search for what you want.  You can also use google: ... site:h30499.www3.hp.com

Anything particular you're looking for?

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

We are aware of the situation with the length of the menu for Knowledge Bases, and are working on a solution. Sometimes it is easier to go to the Discussion Boards menu, select the category for your product, and click through to that category page. The Knowledge Bases are listed, along with the Discussion Boards, using a small icon that looks like a book.

I hope this is helpful,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>length of the menu for Knowledge Bases, and are working on a solution.

Remove the empty entries?  There are a lot of boards/categories that are obsolete and will never get any KB entries.

>Sometimes it is easier to go to the Discussion Boards menu

I mentioned that.  Also, sometimes it is just better to search.  :-)

Especially since there are zillions of posts and lots fewer KB entries.

Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

Re: this site is a mess

I use site:hp.com/t5, since the forums appears to be spread out across multiple servers or datacenters, h30499 etc....