3484 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Scripted warranty lookup

Corban
Occasional Contributor

Scripted warranty lookup

Hi,

in earlier days it was possible to get warranty end dates via script by parsing results from the following website

h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/WarrantyLookup.jsp?country=DE

It was quite easy as you only had to include the serial of the device in the URL and got the results back.

Today the site does not show all information, especially no service agreements are included.

The new warranty check website I cannot parse anymore as the parameters (serial number) are not included in the URL:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/wc/home/

It is a pain not to be able to get this information with a script :(

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Corb

8 REPLIES 8
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Another and likely better solution would be to use HP SIM together with Insight RSA.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
svenx
Occasional Visitor

Could someone with SIM + RSA try to capture packets on the SIM server while doing a warranty lookup? It would be very nice if it turns out that there's an API for it. I don't have RSA available.

rgawron
Visitor

@Update

Is anything change in this case ?
Is exist API to check warranty ? 

batchman

Any updates on this? I build reports for my company. Other vendors allow for a simple URL where I can enter the Serial Numer or ServiceTag info into it and so when a user clicks the hyperlink in my reports, it directly takes them to the vendors website with all the information they want about the computer.

Other Vendor Example: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/<ServiceTag>?

GJones
Occasional Collector

Has HPE made any headway in creatign an offical API to collect warranty details?

Joey_B
Occasional Visitor

I was approved for an HP developers API key hoping I could pull Server Warranty info, I recieved the following response.

"

The API does not cover servers, which are now made by our sister company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE). (The companies split in 2015). We do not know of any automated API for HPE Warranty information, but here is a link to the HPE web form, which accepts 20 serial numbers at a time:

For HPE Servers: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/wc/public/home"

Mike9
Frequent Visitor

Joey_B
Occasional Visitor

Mike,

Would you by chance have a Script that scraps this info and exports it into a file, say like an CSV?  We have a SQL DB that we use to track all of our servers across the enterprise and one of the fields that we would like to track is Warranty