1747988 Members
4716 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: did it occur to anyone at HP...

Otis Stockstill
Advisor

did it occur to anyone at hp...

to migrate customer data from the itrc and have customers test before the actual migration was completed?

13 REPLIES 13
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>have customers test before the actual migration

(I assume you are talking about the HPSC migration and not the forums?  It appears from your other post, you care about the former.)

Did you mean all?  Or just a select/random few?

Also, the message about establishing a HP Passport account was ignored by a bunch of people, so they may not have tested.

Otis Stockstill
Advisor

i meant all as in everything and i care about all as in everything. see, i know it would have been possible to migrate support contract information for all associated users if new user id's had not been required. although, it may even have been possible to associate the new user id's with the support contracts based key company information in the users profile.

as it sits now, i cannot even submit nor follow up on a support ticket without wading through a bunch of errors and repeatedly entering said/serial number information. it's not surprise that there isn't anyone i can contact from hp to get all of my companies service contracts associated with my user id in this brand spanking new hp nightmare.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I meant all as in everything and I care about all as in everything.

Ok, you are quite clear.  You wanted a seamless transition with no (or only trivial) effort on anyone's part.

Otis Stockstill
Advisor

@Dennis Handly wrote:

>I meant all as in everything and I care about all as in everything.

Ok, you are quite clear.  You wanted a seamless transition with no (or only trivial) effort on anyone's part.

cosidering the supposedly vast resources at hp's disposal, sure trivial effort on the part of customers would have been good. considering my company alone spends more than 1mil/year on support contract to hp, not too much to expect for decent support.

sometimes it's just easier to submit a case online the way we did in the itrc, then once the case is logged call support with a case number. what that does is eliminate the majority of language problems with front line support for those of us who do not speak any form of language with spanish origins. i would think it makes things easier for the front line support people as well since they don't have to try and figure out what is being said to them on the phone for an hour.

does that clarify at least part of the migraine that is a big concern about this "improvement"?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>considering my company alone spends more than 1mil/year on support contract to HP, not too much to expect for decent support.

Did you get a cell phone number of your account manager to go with it?  ;-)

Hopefully he could straighten out your problems.

>sometimes it's just easier to submit a case online the way we did in the ITRC

Nothing wrong with that request

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

I phoned my account manager to discuss this, and she claimed to know nothing about the ITRC since she did not use it. I then informed I would straighten the problem out myself by taking my hardware support business elsewhere when my current contract expires.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>she claimed to know nothing about the ITRC since she did not use it.

And why would she use it?  Did you mention HPSC, that its new name.

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Whether she used it or not was completely irrelevant, that was my point!!

Her paying customer uses it, so she should care for that very reason. It seems HP is not concerned with losing paying support customers.

And the name I mentioned was "Enterprise Business Community | HP Online Forum" just as it appears at the top of this forum.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Whether she used it or not was completely irrelevant, that was my point!!

(I may be confusing you and Otis.  He seems to care only for HPSC.)

Sorry I didn't make my point clear.

I wouldn't expect her to use it.  But I hope she could spell HPSC.

But in any case, she should be able to find someone to solve your problem.

(You could suggest that she contact Kevin_Paul, Warren_Admin or me directly.)

>Her paying customer uses it, so she should care for that very reason

Exactly.

>And the name I mentioned was "Enterprise Business Community | HP Online Forum" just as it appears at the top of this forum.

Were you asking about official support (HPSC) or the forums?

I could see she wouldn't even know about the latter.