cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp support problem

Lauriej
Regular Advisor

hp support problem

not sure where to put this so i apologize if in wrong spot. i just purchased my 8th hp desktop (also have 3 laptops) i have not had a problem with customer service until other day. turned on computer and first thing i see is a message about floppy drive failure (80) press f1 for setup and f2 to continue. not sure what to do i restarted computer and again got message, so i called hp for help before i proceeded with installation. got a man with a heavy accent. he asked how can he help told him i purchased computer and had error message, he asked where did i get computer and how much i paid, i told him circuit city and price he told me i could have gotten it cheaper direct from hp (however i didn't say i had 250 in rebates coming back, he asked what was problem i told him. he said to contact circuit city for help. i said why? the problem was floppy drive error (computer doesn't have floppy drive installed) i asked could it have been a configuration error he told me no and asked did i want to purchase a printer i said no i want this computer to work. so i ended call and pressed f1 for setup into bios 2nd line said floppy drive and it was marked that a drive was installed i changed it to not installed and computer works just fine. i however and very upset at how i was talked to like i didn't have a clue. very unprofessional.