Advancing Life & Work
1754829 Members
5136 Online
108825 Solutions
New Article
rachelduran

Gururaj S built his Sr Financial Analyst career advancing skills and embracing technology

Guruaj S HPE Careers.jpg

Since the beginning, HPE has advanced the way people live and work by creating innovative technology at the heart of successful organizations and communities all over the world. We invite you inside our careers and culture through stories of the people who power HPEour team members.  

Gururaj S, Senior Financial Analyst, shares more about his time at HPE, advice for those interested in a finance career, and his favorite HPE benefit. 

Gururaj’s HPE career journey 

Gururaj is currently based in Bangalore, India, as a Senior Financial Analyst, and has been with HPE for more than 13 years. His varied expertise in analytics coupled with advanced accounting knowledge (i.e., intercompany elimination, revenue and cost, inventory, and legal only margin) as well as supply chain accounting helps him drive business outcomes for an intercompany domain. His passion for technology also helps him identify opportunities for automation, providing inputs, and validating end-to-end solutions while partnering with stakeholders.  

Previously, he was a part of the Deferred Revenue Team in the Services Accounting function and moved into a manager role there. He led his team through challenging acquisitions which directly disrupted processes. In this role, Gururaj was lucky enough to gain vital end user experience of working with multiple systems and how they play a vital role in accounting, reporting, and identifying possible risks and controls to prevent them. 

Team member straight talk 

Q: How do you redefine what’s next for your career?  
A: I am looking to develop my technical skillset, which is important for the future of the technology industry. I believe this will help me bring value, benefitting both HPE and my professional growth and development. In addition, developing my thought leadership is also something that am actively focusing on. These two areas would strongly position me for the next phase of my career in Finance.     

Q: What is one piece of advice you would give to someone interested in your field?     
A: Have the right blend between attention to detail, like passion for numbers and analytics, and a bird’s eye or macro approach from a finance organization perspective. Both these traits are equally important to maneuver through complex and ambiguous situations which will ultimately help one excel in the role. 

Q: Do you have a story to tell about a benefit you used at HPE that made a significant impact on the wellbeing of you or your family? 
A: Wellness Fridays are such an awesome benefit that have helped me spend undivided time with my family, especially on weekdays. Most public places are crowded at weekends, so we often used to refrain from going out, but this has now been made possible with Wellness Fridays. We can now go to any of our favorite restaurants or places of worship peacefully without worrying about over-crowding. In addition, the flexibility allows maintaining a sustainable fitness schedule inclusive of home and outdoor workouts that I can do outside of my work schedule. These are all crucial to leading a healthy lifestyle. 

Ready to redefine what’s next for you? With industry-leading training, development, and cross-functional learning opportunities, you could potentially explore multiple careers without ever leaving the impactful, mission-driven work and people at HPE. Explore our careers site and apply at careers.hpe.com. 

Rachel Duran
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

linkedin.com/company/hewlett-packard-enterprise
careers.hpe.com

0 Kudos
About the Author

rachelduran

As a global leader on the People team at Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Rachel Duran connects with team members across the organization to learn their stories—about their career paths, aspirations and diverse perspectives on work and life. Rachel lives and works in Texas, but cherishes her visits to HPE hubs around the world.