Advancing Life & Work
1752378 Members
6939 Online
108788 Solutions
New Article
DesireeCH

HPE Vertica: Inspiring the Techies of the Future

By working at HPE Vertica, you contribute directly to the Vertica Analytics Platform, as well as explore your own ideas in a nurturing and encouraging environment. Learn how!

Updated designs and quality equipment foster good working environmentsUpdated designs and quality equipment foster good working environments

Eleanor Roosevelt once said: “Do one thing every day that scares you”. In the fast-paced world of high-tech, taking risks is everything. Without risk, without creativity, without innovation, we wouldn’t be where we are now, as a human race, as a society, as a company.

The HPE Vertica team not only leads the big data and analytics industry, but its workplace inspires creativity and innovation. I took a risk moving across the country from San Diego, California to Cambridge, MA to work for HPE Vertica. I accepted the job based on the reputation of the company, and my great internship experience. As an information developer, I get to work side-by-side with engineers, customer support, sales representatives, and managers, all of whom carry impressive credentials from a variety of backgrounds. In short, I took Eleanor’s advice and never looked back.

Vertica interns hiking tripVertica interns hiking trip

By working at HPE Vertica, you contribute directly to the Vertica Analytics Platform, as well as explore your own ideas in a nurturing and encouraging environment. Sometimes you come up with an idea that you present at a conference and later patent. Sometimes you fall flat on your face. But everyone at Vertica will pick you up, pat you on the back, and maybe take you out for dinner. Worse case scenario: you learn something. I’ve learned, and had even come to accept, that this isn’t possible in many workplaces. But HPE Vertica is hardly just any workplace.

HPE Vertica women representing the company at the Simmons Leadership ConferenceHPE Vertica women representing the company at the Simmons Leadership ConferenceWe are also super proud of both the opportunities HPE Vertica offers for taking positive risks, and for its commitment to supporting women in the workplace. I’ve had the pleasure of being involved in the Data Gals program, which strives to share knowledge about women in technology, as well as participates in outreach initiatives for the community at large. But that’s not all we do here! As a company, we attend conferences, rock hackathons, sing karaoke, and create great products. And hard work pays off. In working for HPE Vertica, I’ve realized the importance of developing yourself in a happy, inspiring workplace. Now, the only thing that scares me, is not doing enough to share how working at HPE Vertica has challenged me, made me a better worker, and rewarded me immensely with creative opportunity and culture.

The open door concept encourages collaboration and creativity.The open door concept encourages collaboration and creativity.

Help us advanced breakthroughs and drive innovation. We are developing amazing solutions to help our clients perform better. Apply to our current openings for Software Quality Assurance Engineer: http://hpe.to/6008BqMTK or simply explore our HPE Software/Vertica positions here: http://hpe.to/6008BqMpj. Don’t take our word for granted, come see it for yourself!

About the author

13245256_1578493372443720_4818743164625607244_n.png

Vicki Lindem has been an Information Developer at HPE Vertica for a little over two years, and her main focus is on developing blogs and videos for the Vertica community. You can connect with Vicki on LinkedIn.

DesireeCH
About the Author

DesireeCH

Employer brand and digital media evangelist. Proactively searching for new trends and best in class practices to find, converse, share, engage and refer potential candidates and bring the best Talent for the company.