Advancing Life & Work
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paloma Larrocha's adventure at HPE: A 16-year journey!

group picture 2.JPG

What made me join HPE?

I was looking for a company where I can achieve my professional and personal goals. I was starting my professional career and had a lot of dreams. I’ve always been interested in technology and telecommunications, anything related to how the telecommunication world will evolve in the future. How people would be able to get in touch with others, video calls, data, smartphones, all that was the future at that point in time, and I wanted to be part of it. HPE, and, in particular, CMS (Communications and Media Solutions) gave me the opportunity to be part of all that.

During my career at HPE, I’ve been in different positions and locations. My first project was in Vodafone, Madrid. All my memories from those days are wonderful. The project was very interesting from a technical perspective, it was related to mediation and charging for all mobile services (voice, data, and SMS), and I learned a lot in the process. But above all, the team I found there was amazing, all of them, from the managers to all my technical colleagues. I still remember those days as one of the best in my career. We worked long hours, for a very critical and demanding customer, and we still had time to enjoy our time together and created a work-family environment. Some of my closest friends nowadays are from those days.

After 8 years working in that project, starting as a technical consultant, moving into different roles, and ending as a project manager, I relocated from Spain to the US, where I joined the Mediation, Policy and Charging Americas pre-sales team, as a solution architect. In the beginning, it was a big change for me, the working environment was totally different from what I was used to. I moved from an on-site working environment where I had daily contact with my colleagues to a remote working environment where I can only connect with my team over the phone. However, the team in the Americas welcomed me with open arms. From day one I felt valued and part of the team. The projects that I was working on were very different from what I was used to, I had contact now with several countries and different customers, which allowed me to grow professionally and personally, adapting to the different cultures and ways of working from the different places and teams. From a technical perspective, I learned a lot of new technologies, like IMS networks, policy, charging, entitlements, identity management, which I still use in my current position.

CMS picture.jpgFinally, to conclude my personal journey in HPE, from the Americas pre-sales team I jumped into the WW product team, as a product manager of one of the key CMS products eIUM. And I relocated back to my home country, Spain, where I live nowadays. This change was again a challenge for me. I was moving away from my comfort zone to a new position, totally different from what I was used to. And again, I found the best team there. The Digital Identity team welcomed me warmly, since day one they were helping me to adapt to the team, the processes, the new environment. They are great professionals, with great technical background and innovation in their hearts. It’s a pleasure to work with this team for the past 3 years, I’ve learned a lot, had lots of fun, worked a lot, and all it’s worth it. Working in a WW team, gives you a bigger perspective of the market, the customers, the people, the technology, which I feel is enriching me personally and professionally. Digital Identity is cutting-edge technology, the projects we work on and the technology we use, totally relates to our day-to-day lives, like the devices you use, your digital persona, the authorization to use your personal data, the way you enable a new device (like a smartwatch) and link it to your current subscription, this is something we use all the time. It makes me feel that the work that I am doing really impacts our customers, our company, and our lives.  

The great thing about HPE is that I am able to balance my professional and personal lives. I hope to continue working here for many years and be able to share my experience with others like you.

So, if you are considering joining HPE, don’t wait any longer and join! I cannot imagine a better environment and team for you to start or continue growing your career! We will be glad to have you here.

About the Author: 

Paloma Larrocha, Product Manager, HPE CMS Digital Identity Solution FamilyPaloma Larrocha, Product Manager, HPE CMS Digital Identity Solution FamilyPaloma Larrocha is a product manager at HPE CMS Digital Identity Solution Family, since 2017. Prior to this position, she was managing the Digital Identity Solution Family pre-sales team for the Americas Region. Paloma has more than 15 years’ experience in the Digital Identity portfolio working with tier1 communications service providers worldwide. Her experience also includes consulting, selling, implementing, and managing the delivery of complex telecommunication BSS projects, pursuing business growth for HPE CMS, and acting as a trusted advisor for her customers.

Paloma lives in Madrid, Spain, with her husband and two daughters and enjoys spending time with her family, reading, and family movie nights.

Stay connected to Paloma via LinkedIn and if you are interested in exploring careers within our CMS group click here.

#WomeninTech #WeAreHPE

Michael Lopez
VP and Chief Diversity Officer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Careers
linkedin.com/company/hewlett-packard-enterprise/careers
hpe.com/careers

0 Kudos
About the Author

Michael_Lopez

Michael drives the strategies that foster an inclusive experience for HPE employees and diversify our workforce to position the company for success today and tomorrow.