1753696 Members
5280 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

updating firmware

CA1153917

updating firmware

Hi
i would like to update the SRM firmware on alphaserver ES80 to version V6.8D ,so when i downloaded "the gs1280_v68d.iso" and burnred it
on CD then i couldn't boot from the CD .

i'm asking if there is another way for updating firmware .

Thanks .
7 REPLIES 7
BR748713
Occasional Advisor

Re: updating firmware

Were there any errors?

You read http://ftp.digital.com/pub/Digital/Alpha/firmware/ ?
Normally you could update via system disk or MOP.

Currently the link to ES80 just says, the V6.9 contains an error and is investigated.
www.the-rohwedders.de
CA1153917

sorry i don't understand how to update from the system disk or MOP ,please show me how to do it .

Thanks .
CA974469

Updating the firmware via booting to the CD is the easiest way.

What was the error when you tried this?

Did you try burning another CD? Maybe the one you have is bad.

Also try to burn a CD with a lower writing speed, say 4x or 8x. Don't burn at the maximum speed that you CD writer supports.

HTH,
Ross
CA1130938
Advisor

Hi Ryadh,

If your system has been running fine with what ever firmware you currently have I would wait for the V6.9 release. It should have been release by now but, there was a slight problem and the release is delayed a little. It should be out soon. There are some very important updates for the ES80/GS1280 systems.

If after the V6.9 is released and you download the new image try to burn it and boot it again. If there is still a problem then try to include a copy of the console showing what the error is.
BR748713
Occasional Advisor

Ryadh,

on the downliad size I mentioned, there are guidelines on how to update the firmware using different methods.
www.the-rohwedders.de
CA1153917

hi gays

Its ok now i have update the firmware with the same file that i downloaded , so the problem was with the burning software ,when i used "easy creator" it didn't work but after using "nero burner" i have been able to boot from cd and update the firmware because "nero burner" give us possibility to burn cd from image .

Regards .
Ryadh .
CA974469

Glad that you got it to work. Please don't forget to assign some forum points to the people that tried to help.

Regards,
Ross