Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting with HPE and Storage at VMworld in Las Vegas

Calvin and Pat VMworld 2017_Fotor.jpgI'm really looking forward to VMworld. This will be number 9 for me. I'm excited for the event because it gives me another great opportunity to hang out with the community of vExperts, bloggers, and customers that I've gotten to know over the years. That's my favorite part of VMworld. (Image here is VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger and me from VMworld last year).

HPE has a big presence at VMworld. As in past years, we are a "global diamond sponsor" so we'll be very visible. When you walk into the Solution Exchange, one of the first booths you'll see is HPE. I wanted to use this post to give you a rundown of how you can connect with HPE at VMworld in Las Vegas.

Solutions Exchange

This is where I spend a lot of my time. And as I said, we'll be prominent and easy to find when you come into the Solution Exchange.  We are in booth # 1300. 

From our VMworld page on hpe.com, here's a summary of what you'll find in our booth:

Explore our VMware integrated offerings that enable you to build and power your Hybrid Cloud. Discover how HPE Synergy running vCloud Foundation can take you bare metal to ESX cluster in minutes. Get up close and personal with HPE SimpliVity – offering 90% storage capacity savings and 3 clicks to back-up, restore, and clone VMs. See the latest HPE Gen10 Servers and learn how persistent memory enables the fastest VMware virtual workload performance. Investigate our intelligent all-flash solutions from HPE Nimble Storage and 3PAR. Learn how HPE GreenLake consumption based delivery can reduce CapEx..

At the front of our booth is our theater where we'll have lots of great sessions throughout the event - more on that in a minute. Our storage demos are in the back right corner of the booth where we'll be focused on our VMware integration with HPE Nimble Storage, 3PAR, and data protection solutions. Across from our storage demo is the Veeam booth - and we'll be featuring our solutions with Veeam as part of our demos too. 

And what would VMworld be without swag? What I've personally like is getting cool, high quality t-shirts. Drop by the booth to learn how you can get a Tame the IT Monster tee. Wear it, tweet a picture using our hashtag  #HPEatVMworld, and come by the booth to win a prize. And if you're anything like me, you love coffee. We'll have free coffee in our booth so stop by for a pick-me-up! Lastly, come check out our IT Monster interactive experience. Don't know what the IT Monster is? Check out this video. This is going to be fun!

HPE booth theater sessions

The booth sessions are great. The folks we have doing the entertainment between our sessions are fabulous and worth stopping to see. We had them at Discover and VeeamOn and they are FUNNY!  Our Alliances blog will post an article in the next day or so that lists all of them and their times so I'll add that link here once their blog posts. A few that I'm looking forward to are: 

• Unlock the full potential of your data with intelligent storage
  • Transform Hybrid IT with VMware Cloud Foundation and HPE Synergy
  • HPE OneView and HPE Storage integrations for VMware (Plug-ins)
  • HPE OneView - transforming traditional IT into a software-defined infrastructure
  • vExperts Panel: HPE's vision for the software defined datacenter of the future
  • Tame the Ransomware monster with HPE data protection solutions

Stop by the booth to see what the schedule is for these booth sessions. 

Breakout sessions

These are the "official" sessions that you'll find in the event agenda. I'll include the session ID so you can find these:

• Session ID: VAP1263QU 8/26 1:00pm: It's a Data Driven World – How to Choose Your Right Data Platform.
  • Session ID: LDT3688BUS 8/27 2:30pm:: Examining the Best Practices for Executing Your Multi-Cloud Environment.
  • Session ID: HCI2550PU 8/27 3:30-4:30: Leveraging vSphere Vvols to Simplify Storage Management.  This is a panel discussion with customers and different vendors, including my storage colleague and long-time VMware vExpert Eric Siebert. Eric at VMworld.jpgThat's Eric in the picture.
  • Session ID: PRV2121BU 8/27 4:30pm: Composable Infrastructure Innovations - Cloud Foundation and HPE Synergy.
  • Session ID: VIN3684BUS 8/28 11:00am:  Storage Infrastructure for VMware: Software Defined to Workload Optimized. Eric Sieber leads this sessions
  • Session ID: LDT3685BUS 8/29 8:00am: Hybrid IT - HPE's composable, software-defined, dynamic datacenter vision.

vExpert and blogger briefing

I wrote a blog post a few days ago telling you about the briefing we're doing from vExperts and bloggers at VMworld. I won't repeat everything here but will give you the links to RSVP to one of the two sessions. The sessions are the same so just pick one. 

Find me!

If you're coming to VMworld, please reach out so I can say hello. I'll be hanging around the HPE booth a lot and also doing booth duty in our vExperts bar but you can also reach me on my Twitter account @CalvinZito and let me know you're there. I'd love to say hi and connect face to face.

About the Author

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and 2018 marks 35 years with HP/HPE. I've worked in HPE Storage since 1990. I am an eight-time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 9 years. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, do it now! You can also contact me via email

0 Kudos
About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.