Around the Storage Block
1754014 Members
3297 Online
108811 Solutions
New Article
CalvinZito

HPE acquisition alert: AI, Big Data and MapR

This will be a short blog post pointing you to a new podcast episode, #264 in my Around the Storage Block podcast. On August 5th, HPE announced the acquisition of MapR business assets. In the podcast, I talk to HPE Big Data AI and MapR podcast.jpgPatrick Osborne, VP and GM of Big Data and AI in HPE Storage about Big Data and AI and how MapR fits into what HPE is doing around AI and Big Data. 

Here's the podcast, click here to listen to it

To subscribe to the podcast, open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture. If you don't use iTunes, you can find my podcast on TalkShoe.com, Google Play Music. and just added to Spotify Podcast, and Stitcher On Google, you'll get "invited" to try Google Play Music for 30 days - just click "no thanks" to get past this and get to the podcast.

Here is also the press release about this acquistion of MapR that you can check out.  

One other podcast related note and I mention this at the beginning of the podcast. Our ATSB Podcast was named one of the 8 top data storage podcasts in the industry that you should listen to by SolutionReview.com. There's only one other vendor podcast listed, from my friends at VMware. The rest our all people I have met through the years of being part of the storage community. I'm honored to have been included in the list. 

About HPE Storage Guy (aka The Storage Godfather)

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and November 16, 2018 marked 35 years with HP/HPE. I've worked in HPE Storage since 1990. I was just recognized as a 9 time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 10 years. I'm also an avid Boise State fan. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, please do it now! You can also contact me via email

Calvin Zito
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB