Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE Storage Q&A with bloggers

HPE Storage blogger Q and A.jpgWe had our bi-annual blogger coffee talk at Discover in Vegas. This is an opportunity for our guest blogger influencers to engage with executives. In this post I'll embed the HPE Storage coffee talk and give you links to the other ones that you can check out. 

First, the history

We started doing Tech Days about 10 years ago. The storage one we did in Colorado Springs was our second one - the first was the ProLiant team did one in Houston around the ProLiant G6 launch in April 2009. The Tech Days are typically a day or more focused on one area. What's different about doing our coffee talks at Discover is we get about 60 minutes to update our guest bloggers about a topic area and answer their questions. We generally do 6 or 7 of these at Discover over the two and a half days of the event but this year we added breakfast and lunch sessions so there are a total of 12 coffee talks. 

Let's dive into storage

Without further history lessons or reminiscing from me, here's the storage coffee talk from Discover. The one point of note I'll make is this is the first one with Milan Shetti leading the storage business at HPE. Milan was a busy guy at Discover and joined the coffee talk about 20 minutes into it as he was in a customer meeting. In the session were:

• Milan Shetti, SVP and GM of HPE Storage
  • Ivan Iannaccone, VP and GM of 3PAR
  • Patrick Osborne, VP and GM of Data Protection and Big Data
  • Ashish Prakash, Director HPE Nimble Storage Product Management

Here's the storage coffee talk. I have the video starting just over 2 minutes in as in intro I gave focused on storage sessions to attend at Discover. 

Here's what we covered:

• 00:00 - 02:20: Storage sessions at Discover
  • 02:20 - 09:00: The HPE Storage point of view (Predictive, Cloud ready, and Timeless) 
  • 09:00 - 11:35 Recap HPE's story talking about edge to core to cloud with storage
  • 11:35 - 13:30: More on storage point of view (POV)
  • 13:30 - 15:20 HPE Storage customers and why the POV is important
  • 15:20 - 19:30: Data management is a hot topic, particularly around meta data and data intelligence. What is HPE doing?
  • 19:30 - 23:00: Background on HPE Storage from Milan Shetti
  • 23:00 - 29:30: What storage technologies hold promise to change the market in the next 5 years?
  • 29:30 - 32:20: Demands are great for different formats and cuts of data. 
  • 32:20 - 40:00 There are also changes in technology, like NVMe over Fabric; how are you preparing for scale-out demands?
  • 40:00 - 47:15: How do you help eliminate data waste? What a crappy question, Keith. LOL!
  • 47:15 - 51:30:  Where are you at integrating 3PAR and Nimble Storage for portability. Add to that SimpliVity - where are integrations points going to be?
  • Wrap up

But wait, that's not all

I said I would share the other coffee talks. I was a several of them but not all. I'll leave links to each and if I was at it give you a bit more on what was covered. 

I know this is a lot of videos so pick the ones that are hot topics for you. Otherwise it's about like watching a whole season of Game of Thrones, but without all the fighting!

0 Kudos
About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.