Array Setup and Networking
1753767 Members
5822 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Citrix Hypervisor 8.1 compatibility with HPE Nimble Storage Array AF-214769 iSCSI specific

kevin hammill
Occasional Contributor

Citrix Hypervisor 8.1 compatibility with HPE Nimble Storage Array AF-214769 iSCSI specific

We've used Nimble Storage Arrays with Citrix Hypervisors in the past.  We just pruchased a HPE Nimble Storage Array AF-214769 and would like to connect to it using Citrix Hypervisor 8.1.  Our VM's will have their volumes on the Nimble Array.  I looked at the http://hcl.vmd.citrix.com/storage/839/HPE_Nimble_Storage_Arrays and iSCSI isn't listed as a Supported Feature.

My question has the been further testing to comform that these products are iSCSI capable?

Thank You 

Kevin

3 REPLIES 3
kevin hammill
Occasional Contributor

Re: Citrix Hypervisor 8.1 compatibility with HPE Nimble Storage Array AF-214769 iSCSI specific

Hi Kevin ,
This would require HP to perform the certification for iSCSI against Citrix Hypervisor 8.x. Once done, we would add it to our HCL.
Do let us know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards, Vandana Panth Associate Technical Support Engineer -Xenserver Citrix Worldwide Technical Support Citrix R & D India Private Limited Cherry Hills, 2nd Floor, Embassy Golf Links, Off Intermediate Ring Road, Domlur, Bangalore, Karnataka vandana.panth@citrix.com www.citrix.com
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Citrix Hypervisor 8.1 compatibility with HPE Nimble Storage Array AF-214769 iSCSI specific

Looking in the Validated Configuration Matrix under Nimble Storage at InfoSight.hpe.com, at this writing, HPE Nimble Storage has validated Citrix XenServer 8.0 with NimbleOS 5.1.
Always check InfoSight for the latest version information.
Note NimbleOS 5.1 is "GA Candidate" - Available for customer use but not (yet) recommended for “Mission Critical Production Environments”. Contact Nimble Support to get your Nimble system whitelisted for v5.1.

The latest validated version with NimbleOS 5.0 is Citrix XenServer 7.3.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

tkutil115
Occasional Contributor

Just came across your post as I was looking for the same. Nimble on 8.x is not listed under nimble. I looked un HPE as vendor and then found that the nimble was listed as compatible.