Array Setup and Networking
1752785 Members
6182 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Setting up a Citrix XenDesktop 1912 environment on HPE Nimble Storage Array AF-214769.

kevin hammill
Occasional Contributor

Setting up a Citrix XenDesktop 1912 environment on HPE Nimble Storage Array AF-214769.

In the possess of setting up a Citrix XenDesktop 1912 environment and the question came up concerning the User Porfile location.  The Contrator mentioned using the Nimble as a File Server to store the user profiles on.  Can someone explain what I need on the Nimble inorder to setup a file server.

Thanks

Kevin

2 REPLIES 2
Matthew Ingram
Regular Advisor

Re: Setting up a Citrix XenDesktop 1912 environment on HPE Nimble Storage Array AF-214769.

I beleive its an external server that runs Windows Storage Server. 

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Setting up a Citrix XenDesktop 1912 environment on HPE Nimble Storage Array AF-214769.

Correct. There is nothing on the Nimble itself. The Nimble is a block-storage device. Depending on the network cards, a Nimble system provides storage LUNs over iSCSI or fiber channel.

If the Citrix XenDesktop supports iSCSI and multipathing, the Nimble array can present storage as a LUN directly to it.
Otherwise some sort of server, for example a Windows Storage Server like Matthew wrote.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo