1752785 Members
5899 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ARUBA 2920 - Netgear GS324TP

Phil65

ARUBA 2920 - Netgear GS324TP

Hi,

I need to connect an Netgear GS324TP (POE) on my Aruba 2920.
On the ARUBA i have 2 VLAN that must be also available on the G3524TP (some ports are dedicated to VLAN 11, and others are dedicated to VLAN 20.

Could you help me how to best configure the ARUBA to allow the connexion between the 2 switches and allow traffic.
Must i define a  new trunk ? or maybe 1 port of ARUBA with VLAN 11 connected on a port on a Netgear  VLAN11 port and 1 Aruba with VLAN20 connected to a netgear VLAN20 port ?
How to configure port (Tagged, untagged ?) on each device ?

2 REPLIES 2
jmpk
HPE Pro

Re: ARUBA 2920 - Netgear GS324TP

Hello, 

When you have two or more vlans that communicating between two swiches means you need to create a trunk port on the Switch interface connecting each other. 

Lets say on Aruba 2920, Ethernet Interface 1 connected to Interface 2 on Netger . You need to configure as following on Aruba 2920

vlan 11
name "VLAN11"
Tagged 1
vlan 20
name "VLAN20"
Tagged 1

On 2910 we need use , tagged is called Trunk port and if you use the term untagged is called Access Port .  You need to use Trunk on Netger also. 

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: ARUBA 2920 - Netgear GS324TP

Hi @Phil65! to avoid misunderstandings (and to be crystal clear): on Aruba 2920 setting the interface membership (untagged/tagged) to a particular VLAN ID (or a list/range of VLAN IDs <- that's valid only for tagged membership not for untagged membership) you just need to use the CLI command, thus to set port 1 to be untagged member of VLAN 11 and, concurrently, to be tagged member of VLAN 20 (that's just an example involving port 1):

interface ethernet 1 untagged vlan 11

interface ethernet 1 tagged vlan 20

Or use the VLAN context approach instead of the interface approach (that's just an example involving port 1):

vlan 11
name "My VLAN 11"
untagged 1

vlan 20
name "My VLAN 20"
tagged 1

similarly to what was suggested above.

In any case a useful command to see how an interface/port is configured with regards to VLAN memberships is:

show vlan port <x> detail

Do not use trunk since it means "aggregated ports" (you don't have that between your Netgear and your Aruba).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner