New Discussion юеВ

Re: copy generated config via tftp to 2810-48G

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marc Haber
Advisor

copy generated config via tftp to 2810-48G

Hi,

I have our first ProCurve 2810-48G switch with Software release N.11.09 and would like to use tftp to push a - generated - standard
configuration for access switches. This file's contents is suitable for 2810-48G switches and works when pasted into the CLI.

From the older models (e.g. the 2848), I know that ProCurve switches want to see their own J number in a comment in the first line on the tftp file (like "; J4904A", or it will give an error message and not load the new onfiguration. The 2810-48G behaves differently here: Giving it only its J number ("; J9022A") in the first line of the configuration file, it prints a few lines of gibberish on the console and reboots.

After the reboot, I get "Saved crash information":

Saved crash information:
TLB Miss: Virtual Addr=0x00000000 IP=0x805694f0 Task='mftTask' Task ID=0x81d7f8b0 fp:0x81d7f6a0 sp:0x81d7f630 ra:0x80569580 sr:0x1000fc01

and the old configuration is still there. If I give

; J9022A Configuration Editor; Created on release #

(note the hash mark as last character of the line), the switch does not give Crash information and the new configuration is
actually active. This looks to me as the switch chokes on the "illegal" line and crashes in response, a clear firmware bug.

Am I the only one who would appreciate if the 2810-48G would behave as the older switches, accepting only its J number in the first line of configuration, or if there were a "magic" first line that would mean to the switch "what follows is valid configuration regardless on your type/model, eat this and do not complain"?

Unfortunately, HP support is as unhelpful as usual and just claims that I need to create the configuration on a 2810 switch if I want to tftp it.

Any ideas?

Greetings
Marc

P.S. This thread has been moved from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to ProCurve / ProVision-Based. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

There looks to be a newer release which fixes a crash very similar to this. Contact support again (and be nice!) and ask that they send you N.11.12.
Marc Haber
Advisor

I will do that when they have replied for the next time, thanks.