Aruba & ProVision-based
1752671 Members
5755 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Enabling openflow decreases the speed substantially in HP procurve 3500yl-48G

devilfox
Occasional Contributor

Enabling openflow decreases the speed substantially in HP procurve 3500yl-48G

Hi, I am using HP Procurve 3500yl-48G with firmware K.16 for my experiements. I have done the following.

1. Create seperate VLAN for controller

2. Create sepearte VLAN for other hosts

3. I have a internet uplink connected to the VLAN mentioned in 2nd so that hosts can connect to internet.

4. I am using ubuntu 18.04 to host ONOS controller connected to controller VLAN.

The setup is working normally. But the issue is that whenever I enable openflow, the communication speed between the hosts is decreased substantially. For example, if openflow is disabled, the speed it shows is around 900MBits/s but when openflow is enabled, it decreases to mere Kbits/s. I am confused if I have done anything wrong on the setup. I trued to search for similar instances but couldn't find any. I hope my problem statement is clear. If anyone can help me troubleshoot this, I would be grateful.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
jmpk
HPE Pro

Re: Enabling openflow decreases the speed substantially in HP procurve 3500yl-48G

Hello ,

Can you please share me the output of " show openflow instance  <> Flows

And also following points to be taken casre while Configures OpenFlow instance members.
• Only one VLAN can be added as a member of an OpenFlow instance.
• The same VLAN cannot be added as a member of multiple OpenFlow instances.
• The management VLAN cannot be added to an OpenFlow instance as a member VLAN.
• A Controller VLAN cannot be added to an OpenFlow instance as a member VLAN.

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo