108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How can I disable all un-used interfaces

SOLVED
Go to solution
Modus
Occasional Contributor

How can I disable all un-used interfaces

I have a lot of un-used interfaces that I need to disable, how can I disable all interface that are status down?

5 REPLIES 5
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: How can I disable all un-used interfaces

On ArubaOS-Switch OS based switches (formerly know as ProVision OS of ProCurve HP Switches) If you already know which interfaces are "unused" then you should be able to disable them (a) one by one by providing the interface id, (b) submitting an enumerated list of interface ids or (c) submitting a contiguous interface ids range respectively with the interface interface-id disable CLI command followed by a write memory to save your configuration changes (where the interface-id could be the interface id, like interface 5 disable, a comma separated list of interface ids, like interface 1,3,6,7,14,15 disable, or a contiguous range of interface ids like, as example, interface 1-8 disable).

See the picture below (from an HPE ArubaOS-Switch Management and Configuration Guide):interface.png

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

If you can somehow figure out what switch model you have, you can download the manual from the HP website.

Generally there will be a manual covering basic configuration, another manual for Layer-2 stuff such as VLANs, spanning-tree and link aggregation, and another manual for Layer-3 stuff like routing protocols.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Yep, @Modus, as a best practice approach, start your journey always on the HPE Support Site and look for your exact Switch model name/product number to discover documentation, software and other interesting troubleshooting informations.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Modus
Occasional Contributor
Solution

I actually just ran int port-range disable on the interfaces I wanted shutdown. I have hundreds of ports but this got the job done

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Usually the post that solved the posted issue should be marked as "the solution"...not your own one confirmation answer to that post...but, apart from that, glad you find your way.

I'm not an HPE Employee