1753897 Members
7711 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Hp Procurve IP Phone and 802.1x Problem

AlpErer
Occasional Collector

Hp Procurve IP Phone and 802.1x Problem

Hello I have 2 switches. HP Procurve 2610 and 2620. I am applying 802.1x on ports. I have Ip phones that are connected to the ports and domain pcs connected to the ip phones. Ip phones do not support dot1x so i want to authenticate the phone  via mab and the pc connected to it with dot1x. I cannot make it happen. When i connect the phone only i authenticate it via mab. When i connect only connect the pc i authenticate it via dot1x. When i connect them together as i explained in the beginning only the phone authenticates via mab. Does these models support this kind of authentication model? If so, can you give me a config example for me to do it?

1 REPLY 1
Emil_G
HPE Pro

Re: Hp Procurve IP Phone and 802.1x Problem

Hello, 

If not already done, please specify client-limit resp addr-limit as 2 for both types of authentication. Here an example how it looks like for port 1.

aaa port-access authenticator 1 client-limit 2
aaa port-access mac-based 1 addr-limit 2

If it is still not working, please provide the sanitized (without mac, IP addresses and other sensitive information) running configuration of the switch (show run) or at least all the settings related to RADIUS, 802.1x and MAC authentication.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo