108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE Warranty Info (sketchy seller?)

SOLVED
Go to solution
archerious
Visitor

HPE Warranty Info (sketchy seller?)

I bought a new HPE Aruba 2530 switch (J9774A) and the seller claimed to be HPE authorized but when I ran the serial number at HPE's site it said 3 month warranty, expired, then life time.

The seller claims that's normal, but I'm worried that could mean it's actually a refurbished switch that was replaced at the three month time. Seller claims it's normal for HPE to end warranty at three month mark then start lifetime.

Am I wrong or right?

Thank you,

Tom!

PS: Can't upload screenshot, says no perm for that allowed.

6 REPLIES 6
drk787
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Warranty Info (sketchy seller?)

Hi,

Please share the serial number to check the warranty information.

Or, alternatively call the Support number (contact details in the below link) and check with the call logging agent about the warranty.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/

You can also try logging the call on Aruba portal https://asp.arubanetworks.com/

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

archerious
Visitor

archerious
Visitor

Sent SN via PM to you, thank you for replying and for any help :)..

archerious
Visitor

bump

drk787
HPE Pro

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I checked the details for the serial number you provded. It shows that its under Standard Warranty with End Date : 2120-05-15, hence you should not be having any issue in getting support for the given serial number.

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Mark Wibaux
Trusted Contributor
Solution

There are 2 parts to the Lifetime warranty that come with these switches.

For the first 90 days (3 months) you have access to 24x7 Tech Support, once that timeframe expires it reverts back to Business Hours Tech Support. 

My guess would be that the switch was purchased by the reseller in December. If they don't buy direct, then it is possible that the warranty period was activated from when they bought it from their distributor (which is not really how it is supposed to work).

Add the device to your Aruba Support Portal login and you will be fine.

2020-05-29_17-51-48.png