Aruba & ProVision-based
1754020 Members
7267 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I need to stack 2 Nos. of Aruba 2930F-48G-4SFP+switches. Need help for the exact VSF configurati

KP_OS
Occasional Contributor

I need to stack 2 Nos. of Aruba 2930F-48G-4SFP+switches. Need help for the exact VSF configuration

I need to stack 2 Nos. of Aruba 2930F-48G-4SFP+ switches on a single 10G. I am using Mellanox DAC cable to connect both the switches. I tried using the 'allow-unsupported-transceiver' command as well. But does not work. Need support with exact VSF configuration

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
KP_OS
Occasional Contributor

Re: I need to stack 2 Nos. of Aruba 2930F-48G-4SFP+switches. Need help for the exact VSF configurati

Forgot to mention that I am using the uplink ports. Port 49 to be exact.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

It looks like you have first to solve a blocking issue (the Mellanox DAC not recognized) before to start worrying about how to exactly deploy VSF [*]: so why not using supported HPE DAC cables [**] in order to setup your 2 members VSF using available SFP+ interface(s)?

At least if I were you I would do that...

[*] VSF is really very well documented on latest ArubaOS-Switch Management and Configuration Guide WC.16.04 (supposing you're starting with 16.04): as reference read Chapter 31 "Virtual Switching Framework (VSF)" starting on page 621 of 729. If you're really lazy (and Chapter 31 looks too long), an HPE Knowledge Article (mmr_sf-EN_US000018918) with a configuration example about Aruba 2930F and a 2 members VSF scenario could help you to speed up your VSF deployment.

[**] supported DACs (1 meter or 3 meters long) as per latest Aruba 2930F Switch series QuickSpecs available here:

• HPE X242 10G SFP+ to SFP+ 1m Direct Attach Copper Cable (SKU: J9281B)
  • HPE X242 10G SFP+ to SFP+ 3m Direct Attach Copper Cable (SKU: J9283B)

Edit: In case of VSFdeployment...I think the allow-unsupported-transceiver feature will not help...if it works on normal SFP/SFP+ interfaces used as uplinks to hosts or other peer switches (so if those interfaces are not members of any VSF Port) then it shouldn't work once those SFP/SFP+ interfaces become members of a VSF Port...and that is reasonable considering that VSF Ports are really vital with respect to a normal uplink ports, this - at least - from the VSF fabric standpoint...so you should really use supported and genuine Aruba/HPE SFP/SFP+ transceivers if those ones will be used to form VSF Ports.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
KP_OS
Occasional Contributor

Dear Parnassus,

Thank you for the support. The HPE knowledge Article was very usefull. I used 8 ports with 1G on copper. The HP DAC cable was not available ex-stock. Still trying to figure out how can I get the Mellanox DAC to work. I have earlier used the same cables with 4 Nos. of Aruba 2930F switches with Mellanox Core switch as a core.