Aruba & ProVision-based
1748164 Members
3543 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Migration from HP 4204vl to Hp(H3C) 7506 switch / Chnage the Core switch to the New Switch.

SJ04
Advisor

Migration from HP 4204vl to Hp(H3C) 7506 switch / Chnage the Core switch to the New Switch.

Hi Guys,

I need some Tips for Chnaging the Main Core switch (Hp 4204 vl) to new H3c Switch/ HP 7506 series. I am new to this Kind of projects and wants to have some Experts Advices.

so basically we are having 8 VLAN over the switch and then trunk lines to firewall for Routing from the Main switch.

I have created all the VLan to the new switch and can also get the uUp links to the firewall.

but just wants to discuss before i start to mess up the things.

can someone please make some comments or suggestion about it.#

Sincerlly Thanks

SJ04

2 REPLIES 2
AlexisKoch
Advisor

Re: Migration from HP 4204vl to Hp(H3C) 7506 switch / Chnage the Core switch to the New Switch.

Hello,

does your switch have layer 3 configuration (routing?) or does it have only basic config? Can you have your 2 switches connected at the same time (to the firewall). Basically, the first test is to connect a test machine on the new switch, on each vlan, and verify that it can communicate. But it greatly depends on your firewall policy, if it's complex it can be a burden. Is your business 24/7? If no, plan it at night, or in a week-end. Do you have test servers that you can migrate in a first step?

Regards,

Alexis.

SJ04
Advisor

Hello,

Thanks for your Reply. My Old Switch has only trk port and just basic routing for the Managment access to the switch.

Like this:

SW-1> show ip route

IP Route Entries

Destination        Gateway         VLAN Type      Sub-Type   Metric     Dist
  ------------------ --------------- ---- --------- ---------- ---------- ----
  0.0.0.0/0          10.54.5.10      6    static               0          250
  10.54.5.0/24       MANAGEMENT      6    connected            0          0
  127.0.0.0/8        reject               static               0          250
  127.0.0.1/32       lo0                  connected            0          0

and then Rest of the Routing is Just happening over the Firewall. I have basically Static routing between VLAN's.

Yes! i can give a try to connect the both Switch to firewall So basically i can the second switch also to firewall with Vlan COnfiguration and then connect any test server to the New switch and check the Policy.

I will really appriciate your Views.

thanks

SJ04